[GUIDE] The most aggressive Teemo at his best (scout's honor!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oddiz

09-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing MuhKuh View Post
I read this guide, an gave Ap-Teemo a shot: I LOVE IT!

So I thought i would share my Observations with you:

First and foremost i have the feeling that Lichs is the absolute centerpice for this build since it allows for very high burst and harrasing power. I usually get it as my first major Item after the picks since the tome has a high opportunity cost as it has a AP to cost ratio of ca. 0,0375 as compared to blasting wand and the Tome which both roughly have 0.045.

The second thing i noticed is that, while blindig dart helps to stay alive there are some situations, especially team fights were you will get focused and most likely die.
(This could entirely be my fault, never played any dota, so maybe i'm still approaching those fights wrong. Any tipps are apreciated^^)

Which in turn brings up two questions:

Is the bonus AP from the soulstelaer lost uppon death?
What can be done to increase teemos survivablity? Maybe dodge runes, cause you wont loose your move quick when you dodge?

GO TEEMO!
Glad you enjoy it.

Lich is definitely the centerpiece of the burst damage, you got that right. It is up to you what you get after the picks, I just prefer the soulstealer first because you want that AP bonus asap. But feel free to try it other ways, may work better.

You are correct that in team fights, if you get focused, you tend to die. Blinding can only stop one person. This comes down to 2 things:
1) it is inevitable that you will eventually die if all focus you, so don't try to buy defense items, and if you die, your shrooms can still play their part in the team battle

2) save flash for those times, try to only blinding dart and attack once, then back up, keep baiting. Your natural passive increases the speed of your allies in your tracks, and don't beat yourself up because this is hard and does take a lot of practice for judgment calls and timing.

Ithryn

09-13-2009

I just tried this out. Went 18-1-9. Granted, AP teemo was already one of my favorite characters, but it was the most fun I've had in this game in a long time.

Floatzel

09-15-2009

I like this guide

Captain Teemo

09-15-2009

This is Teemo's favorite handbook

Husbane

09-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddiz View Post
What Teemo is NOT
-A carry
-A huge dps fighter
-A pusher
-A farmer

What Teemo actually IS
-An anti-dps champion
-A superb ganker
-A carry crippler
-A support hero
Love it! Used it in my Teemo guide but gave you credit. Hope you don't mind.

Glorianos

09-15-2009

this worked INSANELY well for me. I loved it

Karandor

Adjudicator

09-15-2009

I play him with more HP because I like to get in and drop shrooms in a big team fight. I have played him many times just like this guide and it is fragile but fun. Just watch for good casters. They rape you with this build as you can't survive the burst.

Oddiz

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karandor View Post
I play him with more HP because I like to get in and drop shrooms in a big team fight. I have played him many times just like this guide and it is fragile but fun. Just watch for good casters. They rape you with this build as you can't survive the burst.
Very true. The build can always be modified. If there are many casters, or good ones with burst damage, you can try going rod of ages and rylais staff for some nice hp.

LeeM

09-16-2009

Wow, this one worked for me. Ended up with 676 AP.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddiz View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but this seems like a rather presumptuous statement from someone who does not play high level games. Sure, if you are on a high ranked team, people might study choices and be prepared for your teemo. But the fact is, I am so aggressive early that by the time you actually spend that 450 gold, you are down by a lot. AND I made you buy an item just to counter my ult. I can call for ganks . . .

The point is, as I described, teemo is NOT about being a huge late game threat. He is about early game denial of exp, gold, and all around breaking the knee caps of carries before they become rage trains. You don't have 450 gold to spare on a tank or support until I've done quite a bit of damage.

If you've got some high rank premade games to tell me about where a well known pro AP teemo got stomped, let me know. Until then, your theories hold no water.
So... what? Your response is "lololol u no play high level"? I'm sorry, but I don't see how one nuke and poison attacks is going to "break the knee caps of carries". They don't move from lane to lane when they're farming, and their team always has vision wards down to protect them from ganks and give them time to plan an escape or get teleport support from team-mates. Late-game you can't prevent roaming, defend key points, or provide retreat for your team since your mushrooms can all be safely disabled with one attack. AP Teemo has potential to be useful in games where players aren't organized enough to support each-other correctly, but against a decent pre-made as I have stated, you're just a fast moving fragile caster with poison and an average nuke that gets the weaker half of an exhaust. There's a reason there ARE no pro AP Teemo players.