[GUIDE] The most aggressive Teemo at his best (scout's honor!)

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oddiz

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmaster64 View Post
@Oddiz: At what level/item can/should you start taking out the golems?

Also, any idea how many seconds between golem spawns, and length of buff?
Next time I play I will find out to post the exact numbers, because both of those are very good questions.

Personally, it is whenever you feel capable. Level 7 is pretty much the earliest you go for them, as you do want to hit level 9 as soon as possible to be ganking. Lay a shroom, let it pop, then blinding dart, you know how.

This is the ideal situation: You hit level 7,8, or 9, have enough money to complete an item you need. Go by the golem and kill it. Then port back to base. The reason is that you will lose a good chunk of hp killing the golem at this early of a level, and you don't really want to rush into enemy territory to shroom at 1/3 hp.

Good questions, I'll test and get back to you. Trying to crunch this down to optimum numbers.

Nmaster64

09-12-2009

Finally got a chance to try this build out. TOTAL RAEP. My best game ever. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddiz View Post
This is the ideal situation: You hit level 7,8, or 9, have enough money to complete an item you need. Go by the golem and kill it. Then port back to base. The reason is that you will lose a good chunk of hp killing the golem at this early of a level, and you don't really want to rush into enemy territory to shroom at 1/3 hp.
Only issue is you really risk a gank, so definitely want to warn your teammates your gonna take golem and to be especially mindful and IMMEDIATELY call MIAs. May wanna drop a mushroom along one of the jungle paths a little before you plan to take him, so you'll have sight if someone's incoming.

The golems seem to have a fairly large respawn after the buff wears off. I got it every time but still only had it for a minute or two every 6-8 min or so. It's definitely not a reliable way to keep your cooldown low...

And even w/ all those regen runes, you still have serious mana problems between lvls 4-9. He seemed to totally take off though around 11 or 12, totally owning everybody. I didn't have to go back to base until I had over 5000g once I got Soulstealer.

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2009

Something I thought I'd mention. For a long time now, I stopped going 9-0-21, and started going 0-7-23. I've only heard of one other person going that so far. In defense, I generally pick up 3 ranks in resistance, and a rank in mender's faith/hardiness, depending on whether I'll use heal or not. This opens up strength of spirit, which gives me 0.3% of my max mana as health regen, far more powerful than perserverance, giving me 7.5 HP/5 seconds if I have 500 mana. In utility, I have the spatial accuracy, good hands, awareness, expanded mind, meditation, quickness, blink of an eye, intelligence, and presence of the master.

My rune page gives me 8.10% reduced cooldowns by max level, +122 health at level 1, 20 armour penetration, and 25 magic resist at level 25. It changes a lot, but basically, it provides 14.10% reduced cooldowns with my masteries, meaning that with the golem buff I do get around 34.10%, can't remember if golem gives 20 or 25%. Either way, it's not far off from the cap, while giving me some other benefits, like extra damage early on when I harass.

Oddiz

09-12-2009

Golem buff gives 25% reduced cooldowns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmaster64 View Post
Finally got a chance to try this build out. TOTAL RAEP. My best game ever. Love it.

Only issue is you really risk a gank, so definitely want to warn your teammates your gonna take golem and to be especially mindful and IMMEDIATELY call MIAs. May wanna drop a mushroom along one of the jungle paths a little before you plan to take him, so you'll have sight if someone's incoming.

The golems seem to have a fairly large respawn after the buff wears off. I got it every time but still only had it for a minute or two every 6-8 min or so. It's definitely not a reliable way to keep your cooldown low...

And even w/ all those regen runes, you still have serious mana problems between lvls 4-9. He seemed to totally take off though around 11 or 12, totally owning everybody. I didn't have to go back to base until I had over 5000g once I got Soulstealer.
Glad to see another teemo fan

Anyways, yea I need to test more on the golems. If I can find exact respawn times and exact buff duration, we can see how long you have of a gap between runes wearing off. If it isn't more than a couple minutes, it's fine.

It's just a huge investment of money and an item slot to get frozen heart when it provides no tangible benefit other than reduced cooldown.

How much mana regen are you gettin with your runes? My guy starts off with 9 mana per 5 at level 1, and scaling up to I think 15 or so total.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-12-2009

The main problem with AP Teemo is that Teemo doesn't have an ult that can be used for anything besides delaying people for one attack or teleports. Shrooms are completely countered for 450 gold. In low tier games it probably works just fine, but against an organized team at least one support player or the tank will buy an Oracle Potion.

Nmaster64

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddiz View Post
How much mana regen are you gettin with your runes? My guy starts off with 9 mana per 5 at level 1, and scaling up to I think 15 or so total.
I've only got 8.25/5 sec. Period. How'd you get more?

Fing

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aratrok the Merciless View Post
The main problem with AP Teemo is that Teemo doesn't have an ult that can be used for anything besides delaying people for one attack or teleports. Shrooms are completely countered for 450 gold. In low tier games it probably works just fine, but against an organized team at least one support player or the tank will buy an Oracle Potion.

That may be true, but you could also have areas which could be your "haven" where u can go in and out and harass. However, this would fail if your team is losing to begin with, as they do not need to come and follow you as your not in front of their base ready to take any tower that is least guarded.

It also provides an escape route, Sure they can see the mushroom but its still hard to dodge a couple of mushrooms in narrow areas such as going up ramps; or it may take extra time to go around it as you also have quick movement. And by allowing them to chase you, your teammates will have one less person to deal with as they fight back.

Also the "Q" attack also hurts enough and also blinds them that it can be a pain fighting a teemo who hits and runs with mushrooms once your in Teemo's territory. Even if you can see the mushrooms.

Although it may be true that a tank could take out a majority of mushrooms, i believe each do around 1k near end game.

Well this is my opinion :P

Deadly Paradox

09-12-2009

I just used Teemo in a PUG; needless to say, I completely dominated using this build, going 13-1-10.

I found that buying an excess of health potions allows you to stay in lane and roam for quite a bit, allowing your picks to get you much needed gold. Your blinding dart is invaluable for early game harassing; Tryndamere got a little cocky and gave first blood.

Oddiz

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aratrok the Merciless View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but this seems like a rather presumptuous statement from someone who does not play high level games. Sure, if you are on a high ranked team, people might study choices and be prepared for your teemo. But the fact is, I am so aggressive early that by the time you actually spend that 450 gold, you are down by a lot. AND I made you buy an item just to counter my ult. I can call for ganks . . .

The point is, as I described, teemo is NOT about being a huge late game threat. He is about early game denial of exp, gold, and all around breaking the knee caps of carries before they become rage trains. You don't have 450 gold to spare on a tank or support until I've done quite a bit of damage.

If you've got some high rank premade games to tell me about where a well known pro AP teemo got stomped, let me know. Until then, your theories hold no water.

Amazing MuhKuh

09-13-2009

I read this guide, an gave Ap-Teemo a shot: I LOVE IT!

So I thought i would share my Observations with you:

First and foremost i have the feeling that Lichs is the absolute centerpice for this build since it allows for very high burst and harrasing power. I usually get it as my first major Item after the picks since the tome has a high opportunity cost as it has a AP to cost ratio of ca. 0,0375 as compared to blasting wand and the Tome which both roughly have 0.045.

The second thing i noticed is that, while blindig dart helps to stay alive there are some situations, especially team fights were you will get focused and most likely die.
(This could entirely be my fault, never played any dota, so maybe i'm still approaching those fights wrong. Any tipps are apreciated^^)

Which in turn brings up two questions:

Is the bonus AP from the soulstelaer lost uppon death?
What can be done to increase teemos survivablity? Maybe dodge runes, cause you wont loose your move quick when you dodge?

GO TEEMO!

1234567 ... 8