[GUIDE] The most aggressive Teemo at his best (scout's honor!)

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oddiz

Senior Member

09-11-2009

The +25% AP is a unique passive, so that is a no go.

Regarding cooldown reduction, I am still working on what the best thing to do is. Right now, that mana regen is needed most from level 6-11, as you are spamming both blinding dart and mushroom. I may see if I can cut back on some of the mana regen runes in order to place a few cooldown reduction ones. You really don't want any of the items though, because you are so tight for space as it is. Gettin frozen heart gives you 20% reduc, but no AP, and it wastes 5% if you also kill the golem, because that gives 25% reduction.

Alternate Build if anyone wants to test

I am going to try an alternate build where I have max cooldown reduction runes instead of mana regen. And then for items I'd get the thing that gives you +4 mana for each spell cast and 2% of your max mana in ap. Then build rod of ages early (to give it time to build up). Then soulstealer. Then get the frozen heart. Finally the skull ring. Final item would be rylais. The point would be to have maxed out cooldown reduction at 40% and a huge mana pool. This would give you a much stronger mid to late game with a larger shroom network. You take flash still, and teleport instead of exhaust. You can teleport to your shrooms.

Edit: Doing the math. From the masteries you should have 6% reduction from utility and 3% reduction from offense. If the max cooldown reduc is 40%, and you will have 20% from frozen heart, you want a total of 11% reduction from runes. I can get 10.92% and then have a handful of slots for mana regen.

This changes your early game item build and playstyle. It is a little more defensive, and you probably wont get as many kills early, but it might be more effective mid to late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oddiz

Senior Member

09-11-2009

Just played a game. I think I like stacking cooldown reduction runes better than mana regen, and getting a glacial shroud might not be bad, but the archangel staff is definitely not worth it.

However, teleport was very fun, seeing as you can port to your own shrooms. I got way fewer kills, but more assists than normal. Overall, it is possible you make a better contribution in certain teams, but you spend more time laying shrooms and less time exploding on peoples faces.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FuzzeWuzze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-11-2009

Played this for 2 games last night, absolutely stunning. And i thought i was kicking ass as DPS Teemo..

Had a 20/5/15 game last night with Teemo, i was definately the carry lol..it was awesome.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krald

Senior Member

09-11-2009

I just wanna point out that I've personally witnessed Oddiz go 37-3- with this exact build.
Just sayin

He's a pro teemo and knows his junk, and he plays this hero way too much.

LEESTENNN TO HEEEM!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xine

Adjudicator

09-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddiz View Post
I am going to try an alternate build where I have max cooldown reduction runes instead of mana regen. And then for items I'd get the thing that gives you +4 mana for each spell cast and 2% of your max mana in ap. Then build rod of ages early (to give it time to build up). Then soulstealer. Then get the frozen heart. Finally the skull ring. Final item would be rylais. The point would be to have maxed out cooldown reduction at 40% and a huge mana pool. This would give you a much stronger mid to late game with a larger shroom network. You take flash still, and teleport instead of exhaust. You can teleport to your shrooms.

Edit: Doing the math. From the masteries you should have 6% reduction from utility and 3% reduction from offense. If the max cooldown reduc is 40%, and you will have 20% from frozen heart, you want a total of 11% reduction from runes. I can get 10.92% and then have a handful of slots for mana regen.

This changes your early game item build and playstyle. It is a little more defensive, and you probably wont get as many kills early, but it might be more effective mid to late game.
This is pretty much exactly how I play him.

One small error. Frozen heart is 25% reduction. Add in the 9 from masteries and you only need 6% from runes to hit max reduc. Or you can go for 14% in runes and grab one of the 15% CD reduction items, which are a lot cheaper, and be able to hit that 40% CD reduction sooner.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nmaster64

Senior Member

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xine View Post
Frozen heart is 25% reduction. Add in the 9 from masteries and you only need 6% from runes to hit max reduc. Or you can go for 14% in runes and grab one of the 15% CD reduction items, which are a lot cheaper, and be able to hit that 40% CD reduction sooner.
Someone needs to crunch the numbers on which ends up more efficient.

Runes for mana regen + Frozen Heart (or 2 other CD items)
-or-
Runes for cooldown + mana regen items

I am highly, highly interested in these results...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

furrygiblets

Junior Member

09-12-2009

I used to play AS Teemo but now i've been practicing with AP Teemo i prefer it much better. It has a steeper learning curve than AS but much fun in the long run. People hate the shrooms

I put in a Wits End aswell to my build if the other team is caster heavy but i think that might be just personal preference.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oddiz

Senior Member

09-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmaster64 View Post
Someone needs to crunch the numbers on which ends up more efficient.

Runes for mana regen + Frozen Heart (or 2 other CD items)
-or-
Runes for cooldown + mana regen items

I am highly, highly interested in these results...
I am testing a lot, and would prefer this method:

9% reduction from masteries
6% reduction from runes (the rest of your runes, put in mana regen).

Get 2 ranks of the increased neutral buff, and then just keep on top of the golems. This fills out the last 25% to give you 40% reduced cooldowns. I believe getting frozen heart is not worth it, as I do NOT need the extra mana, and the armor and reduced attack speed are not useful to me at all. I use blinding dart and run through shrooms, so physical dps is never something I worry about. I would not spend so much money on the frozen heart just for 25% reduction.

Now I usually go exhaust and flash to ensure a lvl 1-3 fb, but I may instead get flash and teleport, keep a shroom at either golem location (put it in sight, but not in the way, so that if an enemy fights the golem you will see it, but it won't burst, so you can tele in and kill them and golem). You can see the golems as they respawn and tele to your shroom to keep the buff on almost all the time.

I'd still max your AP, you want the highest burst damage as fast as possible, to keep killing them quickly. By late game you should have the jungles rather on lockdown and then you need to be spamming shrooms more, so having the golems should be rather easy.

This brings shroom cooldown from 20 seconds to 12.

Edit: I updated the first post.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krald

Senior Member

09-12-2009

tyler lets play today XD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nmaster64

Senior Member

09-12-2009

@Oddiz: At what level/item can/should you start taking out the golems?

Also, any idea how many seconds between golem spawns, and length of buff?


123456 ... 8