Ninja Tabi's Dodge not unique?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SinDur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-09-2011

This just hardly seems right. I've only ever seen this happen once, but when it did there was literally nothing that could be done about it. Of course it was a Jax which eventually ended up with 5 pairs of them, and a Gunblade. It was more than enough for him to carry the game. Even though he did horrible at the start.

Talk about an anti-fun element. And no, it was not me who this happened to, it was the enemy team we were fighting. I usually don't have a problem with Item stacks, but this is just rediculous. You guys took care of spell vamp stacking, so what about dodge? Even though only a handful of champions benefit from it, I really don't see how it's fair for a Jax to only build boots when the incentive behind boots is to have 1 pair for their effect to compliment a full build. Stacking these also in-advertantly gives him great MR as well thanks to his ult's active.

TL;DR: Make Ninja Tabi's Dodge unique


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FractalDactyl

Senior Member

08-09-2011

All you have to do is initiate on him with magic attacks. He will activate his ult, when he does, kite him until it wears off. Turn on him with magic damage and you have on dead Jax.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-09-2011

What moron Jax would build more than 1 ninja tabi? Yeah, sure, it'd get him to that 50% dodge cap, but then that gives the other team the incentive to use all their magic damage/buy SotD and whoop his sorry ass. Probably the only problem is that it also gives a bit of armor, but really if the team didn't get SotD after seeing the moron stack NINJA TABI, they deserved to lose to a 1 Gunblade Jax.

Not disagreeing with your original point, Dodge stacking has always been a problem, way back when Phantom Dancers gave Dodge too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MetalCaptain

Senior Member

08-09-2011

Main point being.

Spend 2000 gold, gain active that hard counters all dodge for 8 seconds, which is long enough for a 1v1 with someone who's primary form of survival is dodge.

And all the money they wasted buying those 4 extra pair of boots instead of damage is wasted.

If you think the enemy team has likely forgotten SotD exists, feel free. If they don't remember it exists, trololololol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chingmeister

Senior Member

08-10-2011

It's not just 62% dodge , its also roughly 200 total armor, so that attacks from the SoTD champ wouldn't really hit that hard, and decent MR from ult, assuming no dodge runes or masteries.

No auto attack champ with SoTD is going to solo Jax 1v1 with 200 armor. Its just as mythical as MBR countering Atmogs.

The squishy ALWAYS dies first. That's why no one plays Kog.

This is epic! +++ for whoever did that!

18% CS
12% Boots
12% Boots
12% Boots
12% Boots
12% Boots
6.75% Seals
4.5% Quints
2% Masteries

All multiplied together (1-x) gives 62% dodge.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeutrallyOcean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-10-2011

sounds like a real troll build to me...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

axesandspears

Senior Member

08-10-2011

Ninja Tabi does not have to be Unique, the reason is that you're stacking boots for dodge. Maybe the best strat would be to buy merc treads, build some magic resistance, get last whisper and Sword of the Divine, and save Jax for last I suppose because apart from the stun he isn't contributing much damage to his team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SinDur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by axesandspears View Post
Ninja Tabi does not have to be Unique, the reason is that you're stacking boots for dodge. Maybe the best strat would be to buy merc treads, build some magic resistance, get last whisper and Sword of the Divine, and save Jax for last I suppose because apart from the stun he isn't contributing much damage to his team.
Jax has high natural damage, and needs only one - two items in order to start really destroying people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MetalCaptain

Senior Member

08-10-2011

200 armor you say? SotD + LW + Amor Pen quints and marks and mastery. They end up with 59 armor. WOW SO TANKY. Especially on top of his piss poor HP you can bet on him having with this build.

SoTD doesn't just remove dodge when active, it removes 30 armor too.

LOL SoTD > Dodge is a myth? Are you smoking rock?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkenDragon

Senior Member

08-12-2011

I hope you guys do realize that dodge stacks with diminishing returns in mutiplication, its not additive. meaning every time you add another boot, your really taking 12% of the current non dodge percentage.

an example, if you have a base of say 10% dodge (this is just a made up number to make the understanding of the calculation easier) this means you have a 90% chance of not dodging. when you buy a ninja tabi you now have an additional 12% dodge of the 90%, not 100%, thus you now have a 79.2% chance of not dodging, meaning a total of 20.8% chance of dodging, thus really you only gained 10.8% of dodge from the ninja tabi, now if you add a 2nd ninja tabi, this means your dodging 12% from the 79.2% which will end up being 69.696% chance of not dodging, which means your only adding another 9.5% of dodge.

thus adding more ninja tabis isnt giving you all that much dodge beyond the first one.


12