Item Problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Klimito

05-07-2010

Hi i'm pretty new to LoL but I'm a Dota Veteran... theres a couple of question i still couldnt figure out and these are critical.

1. I don't know if the items can be hotkeyed. Using Active items are often too hard by clicking. Can someone tell me?

2. I can't drop my items to fill up my next line of items when im already loaded... like when you already have 5 item slots taken but your last slot requires a build up of 6 items. How do I create enough slot to make my last items?

Cheers.

** I may have missed it in the guide or hotkey somewhere lol i cbf going through the tutorial cause im an ex-dota.

DreamyDays

05-07-2010

Default option is, 1~6 correspond to the item slots.

1 2 3
4 5 6

You either buy the last item whole, or you sell some other item first and make space.
But I think you need to know that items can be bought as a whole, in parts, or some kind of weird mixture between the two.

Klimito

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamyDays View Post

Default option is, 1~6 correspond to the item slots.

1 2 3
4 5 6

You either buy the last item whole, or you sell some other item first and make space.
But I think you need to know that items can be bought as a whole, in parts, or some kind of weird mixture between the two.
yer far out... thats annoying... i wish you have a personal bank items. I do it like that aswell but its just annoying cause i try not to buy the highest item as buying lower items would make you more optimal earlier in games. Anyway thanks for the hotkey.

Dulkan

05-07-2010

what use could a bank possibly have for item building? In Dota you needed the bank to build an item, because you are required to use 3+ slots of your inventory to create that item. In LoL the item building is done in the shop directly, you can buy any combination of the lower tier items and create the higher tier one later whenever you want except when your inventory is full. Or would you put your Infinity edge in the bank, so you can carry a b.f. sword + vampiric scepter?

In the particular case you described, let's say that 6 item build is a nashor's tooth. So, you buy that amplyfying, then you get the fiendish codex and finally you upgrade to nashor's tooth. Where is the problem? Sure, you are missing stinger, but when you have 5 full slots, those items should usually be better than a stinger.

So unless you stuff your inventory with cheap items that cannot be upgraded or which you don't want to upgrade (which is a questionable strategy by itself most of the time) I see no use for a bank in this regard.

The only real use for the bank would be to serve as a consumable slot. Put an item in, buy the potions, take the item back.