Ashe vs. Anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedBones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2010

So, I've currently been playing Ashe until yesterday, as champions changed. So, I tested Anivia and shes pretty epic - she's a really good alrounder, and her spells are amazing.
But the problem is, that she's extremly hard to play. Her Spells are good enough to destroy other players, but to use them right is...nearly impossible.

So, and there is Ashe. Since the first day I started palying I use her, and I like her. She can slow down enemies that are running away or chasing your mates, she can fire multiple arrows (pretty epic skill in the beginning of any game), and she got that freakin huge ice arrow. She's easy to play, and when she ambushes I often dont get away wihtout doing atleast one kill.

Anivia is also really god for Ambushes, especially when shes higher.

So, here are the stats:

Ashe:
XHealth 359 (+79 / per level)
XMana 173 (+27 / per level)
XMove Speed 300
XArmor 9.3 (+3.4 / per level)
XSpell Block 30 (+0 / per level)
XCritical Strike 3.45 (+0.55 / per level)
XHealth Regen 0.9 (+0.11 / per level)
XMana Regen 0.76 (+0.04 / per level)

Anivia:
XHealth350 (+65 / per level)
XMana237 (+53 / per level)
XMove Speed300
XArmor10.5 (+4 / per level)
XSpell Block30 (+0 / per level)
XCritical Strike2.1 (+0.4 / per level)
XHealth Regen0.88 (+0.07 / per level)
XMana Regen0.9 (+0.12 / per level)

So, Anivia beats her on...well, on Mana. Else you see clearly that Ashe>Avinia. Well, let's look at the Spells.

[Ashe]----[Anivia]
Focus < Rebirth
Rebirth kicks Focus with ease, I mean, that makes Avinia perfect to lure out enemies, as she can die, BUT, when her teammembers do it all right, she rebirths from her egg and can help to kill the others.

Frost Shot < Flash Frost
It's clearly that Flash Frost wins. Frost Shot is not really usefull, Flash Frost deals DMG to all units he trepasses and, at the end, when he explodes he deals more DMG and Stuns them.

Volley < Crystallize
Don't ask me why, but Crystallize is better than Volley. If you attack and it doesn't turn out well, run away and place it behind you - blocks the way. And if the enemy is running, simply block their way.

Plentiful Bounty > Frostbite
Frosbite is fking useless. Yeah, it deals alot of DMG, but hey, for that you need fkin alot of Ability Points. To poor Plentiful Bounty is Ashe's skill, Anivia would even rock with that(doesn't really make a difference if you got the Champion Fate in your Team)

Enchanted Crystal Arrow < Glacial Storm
I think it's clear why. Shorter Cooldown Time, much better effect. You want to farm some Gold or lvl up fast? Easy, Cast Glacial Storm on some minions, fly around so they stay in the field, and after some short time you are richer by atleast 120g. Doing that in really big amount of Dudes, gives you even more Gold. And it's also pretty good to hunt down enemys. Use Glacial Storm, that will deal DMG and slow them. In that time cast Crystallize and their way is blocked, so you got enough time to hit them. As soon as they're out of the field, cast Flash Frost and their Stunned again. By then, Glacial Storm has probably finished the cooldown so you can cast it again. Enchanted Crystal Arrow is also good, Stuns the enemy and deals alot of DMG, BUT, the cooldown ruins it all, and it's not even half as usefull as Glacial Storm.

So, Anivia clearly wins at the Spells. Even when looking at the combination of all Spells on each Champion, Anivia's spells are more usefull than Ashe's ones.

So, let's say, they're both eqquiped with all recommended Items. At lvl 18, They would have the followig stats:

Ashe:
XHealth 2231
XMana 1059
XMove Speed 300 (Enhanced Movement +3, dont know how much that is lol + 15% Movement Speed)
XArmor 70,5
XSpell Block 30(all 30 sec 100)
XCritical Strike 63,35
XHealth Regen 16,88
XMana Regen 1,48

Anivia:
XHealth 2020
XMana 2366
XMove Speed 300(Enhanced blabla +2)
XArmor 82.5
XSpell Block 30
XCritical Strike 9.3
XHealth Regen 2,14
XMana Regen 13.06

So, Ashe wins again, at nearly all except Mana, and, suprisingly, at Armor., Now, let's look at the other stats they'd have like Ability Power etc.

Ashe:
85% ATKSPD
87 Magic Resist
80 Attack
50% CritRate
20% Dodge
250% Crit DMG

Anivia:
305 Ability Power
20 Magic Penetration
30 Magic Resist

So, Ashe would have 100% Crit by that time. The 80 Attack are useless, as Anivia has 82 Armor. Anivia woul'd have, with the effect's of the items amxed out, much more Ability Power, in this case, 533,3125. That's freaking much. And I know, that would make freakin much DMG. Specially with Lich Bane, because, after a Skill, her next attack will do th enormal dmg it would do + Abillity Points in DMG. Let's say, her Flash Frost would do normaly 300 DMG, and then, in addition, you do a normal attack, you'll do atleast 600 DMG. Ashe would be already at 60% HP, now you time in The wall and Blizzard Storm. I think you understeand, in what it'd end. Ofcorse, she could eventually get away with Enchanted Arrow, but, in most case, she would've already have used it, to stun you at the begin.

I still dont know who's better...I'm tending to Anivia, but oh well, let me hear what you have to say

RoflTroll

05-07-2010

They're different type of heroes, saying one is always better than another is like saying cheese pizza is always better than pepperoni one.

also

Quote:
Her Spells are good enough to destroy other players, but to use them right is...nearly impossible.
There's a reason they marked Anivia as max hard.

Nihil Sine Nefas

05-07-2010

You're comparing apples to oranges. Ashe is a ranged support/DPS. Anivia is caster carry or support. They play different roles.

KazeShinryu

05-07-2010

Umm, Plentiful bounty is one of the worse skills in the game, and Frostbite is part of what makes Anivia burst so powerful.

StevoPhilo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2010

Anivia is better hands down while is much harder. Hence the difficulty bar.

Ashe is recommended for beginners.

They really are 2 different champs. I however find anivia more useful late game for utility.
Ashe late game sorta.... sucks?

What you failed to put in your calculations is the cost of all those items. I guarantee that ashe is gonna be paying alot more. Granted she may be getting more gold it's not gonna be alot to makeup.

Also who buys just recommended items all the time? I mean there is a certain build you wanna follow,but you gotta flex it to the situation you're facing.

Anivia is more fun imo. Just dont complain if you suck with her though. Give it time.

StevoPhilo

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazeShinryu View Post
Umm, Plentiful bounty is one of the worse skills in the game, and Frostbite is part of what makes Anivia burst so powerful.

Also what he said.

NinjaStick

05-07-2010

I played ashe alot and one thing I have to say. Plentiful bounty is HORRIBLE. So is twisted fates passive. You get what, 100 or so minion kills a game right. Well 100X5=500...and thats not taking into account that it wont be level 5 at the start of the game. Her frost shot is way better then you give credit. Slow, on normal attacks. Like a lot of slow. Im sorry best chasing ability that a range chartare could have. And ashes ult can be cast down a lane to kill/save a champion, from base. Also you cant compare the two. Ones a mage, the other is a Range DPS champ. Id say play either one, as long as your decent with them it shouldn't matter. Most important rule is to have fun while playing.

dirkzy

05-07-2010

"Harder" champions are not better than "EZ champs." Certain champions have an advantage over others because of game balance, but that happens in many games.

Think of it this way, Ashe and Anivia are both effective at ganking and killing other players. It is easier to pull of ganks and do damage with Ashe than Anivia. Why take Anivia over Ashe if you gank more reliably as Ashe? People like to think they are awesome when they play a "hard character," when in reality they just play a character that has less of a chance at succeeding because the execution is more difficult.

The same result can be achieved more easily, but people take the "hard champs" because they think it makes them better some how when they achieve the same thing with a harder difficulty.

Minrog

05-07-2010

I was doing a solo in MM and someone took the character I had wanted to play (Nasus). I looked at the team and realized we didn't have any AD heroes so I picked Tristana. At the beginning of the match our Anivia asked about solo mid and i told him he could roll it. I'm glad I did, he was able to pick up a Legendary during the match and I just focused on kicking down their sandcastles. With a gifted player at the helm, I would prefer to have them playing Anivia in the solo mid slot. With a newer player I'd probably steer them toward Ashe there, so they don't hurt themselves.

CertainDeath

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevoPhilo View Post
They really are 2 different champs. I however find anivia more useful late game for utility.
Ashe late game sorta.... sucks?
wanna bet?
i played few games as ashe lately, and if you could farm some items on her she is really deadly.