Feeding and Creeps?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xeriana

Junior Member

05-06-2010

I'm new and see people talk about feeding. Can someone explain the mechanics and strategy behind this term?

On a somewhat related note (related to winning strategies), I notice NPC buffs seem to help, but don't know how. Is there a link someone could post for a good explanation of these buffs?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinon

Junior Member

05-06-2010

How about you kill yourself irl?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fated Malice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

05-06-2010

Feeding is where you die to the same champion/champions multiple times in a row, your typically called a feeder when your kill to death ratio goes horribly negative. This gives the opposing team a large lead in gold over yourself and your team, as well as severe experience loss for yourself due to the downtime of being dead.

As far as neutral buffs go, that depends on the map. On Summoners Rift, you have the golem buff which gives massive mana regen and cooldown reduction, the lizard buff which adds damage to your physical attacks and slows the targets movement, and lastly you have the baron buff, which is like steroids for you character.

On Twisted Treeline however you have the lizard buff, which is the same as the before, the wolf buff which if I dont have them backwards is a cooldown and attack speed buff, and the wraith buff which is a movement speed buff. also on both maps there is a dragon the difference being on twisted treeline is provides a global damage boost to your team, not just gold and exp.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TechYS

Senior Member

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeriana View Post
I'm new and see people talk about feeding. Can someone explain the mechanics and strategy behind this term?

On a somewhat related note (related to winning strategies), I notice NPC buffs seem to help, but don't know how. Is there a link someone could post for a good explanation of these buffs?
Feeding refering to dying too much to the enemy. Ie. You feed the enemy champions.

Feeding can be intentional (something people hate) or non-intentional (having a bad day, playing an unfamiliar champion, etc.).

As for NPC buffs:

Summoner's Rift:

- Lizard Elder: Damage bonus and your normal attack will proc a slow effect.
- Ancient Golem: Increased mana regen and cool down reduction.
- Dragon: No real buff. Your team just get a decent amount of global gold (everyone in your team gets gold) for killing this guy.
- Nashor Baron: Your team is buffed up (think Singed ult on everyone in your team, minus the movement speed and the regen) and even more global gold than Dragon.

Twisted Treeline:

- Wraith: Movement speed increase.
- Wolf: Attack speed buff and something else. Not too sure exactly.
- Twisted (Lizard Elder): Same as Summoner's Rift, but you get a global gold for your team.
- Dragon (forgot name): A 15% damage buff and lots of global gold for your team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yndyr

Senior Member

05-06-2010

To feed effectively, you should pretend your hero is a creep and run blindly into the range of turrets and enemy heroes while ignoring any other factors. The conditions for using this strategy are only limited by your run speed and respawn time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnalC

Senior Member

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yndyr View Post
To feed effectively, you should pretend your hero is a creep and run blindly into the range of turrets and enemy heroes while ignoring any other factors. The conditions for using this strategy are only limited by your run speed and respawn time.
Lolled.

Revive helps, and also the mastery that reduced time spend dead. I personally use it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xeriana

Junior Member

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgren View Post
Feeding is where you die to the same champion/champions multiple times in a row, your typically called a feeder when your kill to death ratio goes horribly negative. This gives the opposing team a large lead in gold over yourself and your team, as well as severe experience loss for yourself due to the downtime of being dead.

As far as neutral buffs go, that depends on the map. On Summoners Rift, you have the golem buff which gives massive mana regen and cooldown reduction, the lizard buff which adds damage to your physical attacks and slows the targets movement, and lastly you have the baron buff, which is like steroids for you character.

On Twisted Treeline however you have the lizard buff, which is the same as the before, the wolf buff which if I dont have them backwards is a cooldown and attack speed buff, and the wraith buff which is a movement speed buff. also on both maps there is a dragon the difference being on twisted treeline is provides a global damage boost to your team, not just gold and exp.
Awesome information. Thanks for the help Kilgren! I've seen comments (not directed at me) saying things like "great job feeding!" I thought it was a reference to allowing one member of your own team to get more xp/gold for early advantages... looks like it's sarcasm or mocking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Priamos

Senior Member

05-06-2010

Lol I thought this was a troll thread at first, but I guess not. Anyways, yeah: feeding is bad. But don't sweat it too much, we all have bad games. I guarantee you that in almos every match, you'll see at least one feeder to some extent or another. Hope it's not on your team.