Annie vs. Ryze vs. Anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duel

05-06-2010

Is there a certain team composition or strat that would require Anivia or Ryze over Annie? I love playing all three of them, but it seems that Annie is the burstiest and the stronger nuker overall.

Kriptini

05-06-2010

Anivia is a really good pusher.

Eppa

05-06-2010

Anivia brings more CC and scales the best also she is the hardest to kill.
Ryze bursts the fastest?
Annie is really reliable and bursts faster than Anivia also she has an aoe stun that will actually hit more than one person.

dovvntempo

05-06-2010

annie and ryze do more aoe dmg than anivia. anivia does have more cc though so she bring fights into her team's favor by using cc and a single target burst. i like annie and anivia more than ryze, though that's just probably i havent used him well.

Tanerian

05-06-2010

No. I can not thing of one instance I'd rather have a Ryze or Anivia over Annie on my team.

Dirt Work

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2010

A good Anivia player is, IMHO, greater than any Annie or Ryze out there. However, I seem to see more bad An players than I do Annie or Ryze. Given that, I'd rather see Annie/Ryze in PUGs, and both offer a lot. Both have a single target nuke and an aoe, whereas Annie has her shield and Ryze has his snare, which is not as great as Annie's outright stun (again, my opinion only). So maybe Annie by a slight margin, but Ryze also works well.

Note though, that I would never complain about pulling an Anivia and certainly wouldn't dodge them.

Another note: Annie's earlier game laning seems better to me than Ryze's as you can last hit with her single target nuke and it refunds your mana.

Sarpati

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Work View Post
Another note: Annie's earlier game laning seems better to me than Ryze's as you can last hit with her single target nuke and it refunds your mana.
Ryze's Spell Flux is practically free so that's a moot point. And after level 6, he becomes significantly better than Annie at pushing.

Regardless, for the average player, Annie > Ryze > Anivia. Above that, Annie/Anivia > Ryze.

Blugyblug

05-08-2010

Ryze has the best AOE damage out of all of them, and best 1v1er IMO.

JustDavid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2010

Annie has a very nice AoE stun that can easily turn the favour of a team fight.

Ryze has strong AoE damage without stacking AP (so a Ryze can be built tanky without suffering too much damage).

Anivia has great CC, but is the hardest to use of the three.

Range wise, Anivia>Annie>Ryze imo.

Farming wise, they are all similar.

I would say that in a team composition where there is a lack of CC, Anivia may be better (not saying Annie won't work still). However, I would rarely take a Ryze over Annie. Outside of damage (since both have fairly high AoE damage), Annie has an AoE stun and Ryze has a single target snare.

Synchronization

05-08-2010

Anivia
-Can stun multiple players at once
-CC
-Wall
-Great Burst Damage
-Very high range
-Rebirth
-Good early game

Cons
-Without AP, she doesn't do much damage at all.
-Slow
-Squishy

Annie
-Great AoE Stun
-Great Burst Damage

Cons
-Squishy

Ryze
-Great AoE Damage
-Snare
-Can do damage without a lot of AP

Cons