A better way to classify champion's power

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2009

I don't think you understand what a fighting tier list is. At least with Smash (the only community I'm familiar with), it's not an arbitrary list like the OP made. Nor is it a list based off of mechanical power (who does the most damage? etc.). It's a list based off of tournament results. That is, the top tier character, if you pick him/her, is most likely to win a tournament match, based off of previous results. It wouldn't be possible to concieve making one for this game for another year I'd say.

Fraid

09-10-2009

I like Lamelikemike's idea, that might work very well, but you would need to stick to thinks that are measurable. If you say did this one attribute at a time, making a list with every single charachter, that I feel would be a usefull refresence for debate on charachter strength.

Natural20

09-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatorture View Post
I don't think you understand what a fighting tier list is. At least with Smash (the only community I'm familiar with), it's not an arbitrary list like the OP made. Nor is it a list based off of mechanical power (who does the most damage? etc.). It's a list based off of tournament results. That is, the top tier character, if you pick him/her, is most likely to win a tournament match, based off of previous results. It wouldn't be possible to concieve making one for this game for another year I'd say.

Based on all of the above discussion, it is certainly premature to start making tiers, so I deleted the example tier list I had up. I was just looking for a way to get a better and more general feel for champion balance.