Which of the following champions would you choose?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PainCakesx

05-06-2010

So I'm basically debating on which champions to buy. I'm relatively new, so I don't have a huge library of bought champions. I currently own:

1. Shaco
2. Nasus
3. Ashe
4. Sivir
5. Fiddlesticks
6. Annie

I'm currently looking at:

1. Shen
2. Taric
3. Garen
4. Malphite

I'm wanting to get a champion that will be viable both at lower levels (where I'm at) as well as higher levels.

Aside from the 4 mentioned, are there any other good champions that would be worth buying that could be effective at almost all levels of play?

Thanks for any help.

McRofls

05-06-2010

Pretty much all Champions are viable, just depends on team makeup.

xDiamantx

05-06-2010

Out of the 4 your teammates would enjoy the company of Shen the most as I get like a million thank yous every match from saving their asses with either taunt or shield.

I bought Garen and dislike using him, I feel he is underpowered late game.

Taric has been nerfed and now he's not as useful anymore.

I rarely see a malphite but I don't find him useful enough in a team fight.

Kriptini

05-06-2010

Malphite has one of the best initiating skills in the game. Teams will love you long time if you manage to get good at him.

Everyone and their sister plays Shen, so no need to get him.

Taric is outrageous. I'll leave you to decide if that's good or bad.

I've got mixed views about Garen. He can play as pretty much anything, but there are other champions that do those jobs better.

CertainDeath

05-06-2010

shen/taric

Mr Geppetto

05-06-2010

The one you enjoy playing

PainCakesx

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Geppetto View Post
The one you enjoy playing
And I'm supposed to know this how, given I can't play them without buying them?

Idzuna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

Shen, you dont own any tanks (apart from nassus i guess ^.^)

Mr Geppetto

05-06-2010

Quote:
And I'm supposed to know this how, given I can't play them without buying them?
There are 10 free champions per week. Try them out prior to buying them. Anyone will tell you this.

G&S seems to attract people who have opinions on gameplay and try to pawn them off as objective reality to new players who don't really know better. Don't fall for it. Play them yourself, read a guide, give each a fair shake, then decide.

Temlam

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDiamantx View Post
Out of the 4 your teammates would enjoy the company of Shen the most as I get like a million thank yous every match from saving their asses with either taunt or shield.

I bought Garen and dislike using him, I feel he is underpowered late game.

Taric has been nerfed and now he's not as useful anymore.

I rarely see a malphite but I don't find him useful enough in a team fight.
just curious, do you go infinity edge, zeal, brutalizer, executioners calling? (possibly go on to phantom dancer but rarely by game end) Doing 560 crits most every hit while silencing and destroying potential squishy threats helps in team fights late game, or you can judgement the hell out of the other team, die, and watch them mop up.

On subject though, Like was said, try them out. But mentality is important. Do you want to be the guy tanking, the guy watching every single corner of the map at all times to see if your allies need assistance? can you provide that assistance beyond a shield, but actually contribute the the fight you are about to enter?

if not, obviously garen is the choice.

If so, it's all between whether you want to do some dps and heals, or offer protective blankets for others. On the other hand, malphite is rarely played, and therefore if you can use him well, you will likely not have competition choosing your champion.