@Morello & Riot: Balancing multiple game types

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

Using your experience with Dominion it actually may be very worth going back and rounding out Twisted Treeline. People don't play that map not because people only want to play Summoners Rift, but because 3v3 is insanely imbalanced in favor of certain heroes (Singed, Ezreal, Olaf, Mundo, Jax, etc.) while other champions are pretty much completely worthless and a huge liability if chosen.

If you rounded out Twisted Treeline to be more balanced I think it would be a very popular alternative to SR as that kind of skirmish gameplay creates a completely different feel even as imbalanced as it is now that is fun, so maybe this is a good lift-off point for rounding out your original 2nd option for gameplay.

Maurodin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

Well I remember reading somewhere on the forums that on dominon, There is a global passive granting increased armor pen, magic pen, and reduced healing effects. I'm not sure as to the accuracy of this claim, but it sounds like a great idea with the games focus on smaller skirmishes so as to reduce the survivability of tanky dps and tanks who sometimes just feel unkillable unless you bring a whole team to the field. Now I personally feel this is part of the issue with TT. Champions that are hard to kill are even more impossible on TT. Everyone knows how much of a monster Mundo, Morde, Garen, or Tryndamere can be on Twisted Treeline. So I feel your guys global passive idea could be extended here as well to help out the situation.

animegirl1998

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Finally, I'd not worry about a lack of support for Dominion. We learned a lot from our release of Twisted Treeline and we can apply a lot of those lessons to the Crystal Scar as well, including the amount of support a new map needs post launch.
cooooooool

konfetarius

03-18-2013

What's with the necromancer plague?

DiscworldDeath

03-18-2013

We don't have mods, they see they get away with it, and they continue.

Alternative answer: They are kids who can't postpone satisfaction, and only think of themselves and their immediate desires, and act accordingly.

Painkillar

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Finally, I'd not worry about a lack of support for Dominion. We learned a lot from our release of Twisted Treeline and we can apply a lot of those lessons to the Crystal Scar as well, including the amount of support a new map needs post launch.

(nicely written post by the way)
OH GOD. Reading this now makes me fall to the floor laughing my ass off. guess riot will have to retake the course in "How to Not Abandon a Map 101."

Torkable

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
What's with the necromancer plague?
bump

KaWraith

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkillar View Post
OH GOD. Reading this now makes me fall to the floor laughing my ass off. guess riot will have to retake the course in "How to Not Abandon a Map 101."
I had a similar reaction... Wow did Riot ever mess that one up.

wingstreet

03-18-2013

Quote:
hahaha same!

Koravel

03-18-2013

Quote:
I have a different reaction.