I think Nome just confirmed Kassadin will never be 'fixed'.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakuri Ono

03-18-2013

In a topic in PBE regarding Zac being able to clear the wall between the Nexus and the jungle in Twisted Treeline. (Original Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Kassadin can also clear that wall. We're going to let Zac clear it for now, but if it becomes an issue after he goes live we'll reconsider other options.
This shows-

A. Nome is perfectly well aware of Kassadin phasing through walls wider than his Ult range.
and
B. He's perfectly fine with it.

He only talks about it potentially being an issue with Zac.

Might be reading too hard in between the lines but this really does little to kindle any small hope of Kassadin ever being addressed. Ah well, at least he's auto-banned in the one corner of organized Dominion we have.

naotasan

03-18-2013

But we want to use that ban to counter others picks, not have to waste a ban spot on a mandatory ban or else you lose.

Orphane

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post
In a topic in PBE regarding Zac being able to clear the wall between the Nexus and the jungle in Twisted Treeline. (Original Thread)

This shows-

A. Nome is perfectly well aware of Kassadin phasing through walls wider than his Ult range.
and

Might be reading too hard in between the lines but this really does little to kindle any small hope of Kassadin ever being addressed. Ah well, at least he's auto-banned in the one corner of organized Dominion we have.
Dude, seriously? Nome posts 2 lines confirming that there are champions who can currently clear the wall and you extrapolate ...this?

KaWraith

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post

This shows-

and

Nome has publicly admitted that kassadin is a problem and that they are working on a fix.
He also admitted that a tech backlog was the major reason for the delay (riot technicians who can fix things like that have higher priority projects to worry about.)

Sakuri Ono

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Dude, seriously? Nome posts 2 lines confirming that there are champions who can currently clear the wall and you extrapolate ...this?
I did say I might be reading too hard; which is why I went out of my way to state 'might'. (If anything I'd be more than happy to be completely misconstruing this so we get more balance here.) But the context is there.

He does not say 'We're going to let them both clear if for now and if there is a problem we'll deal with them."

He identifies Kassadin as being able to perform said behavior. He identifies Zac as being able to perform said behavior. He says Zac can be nerfed if said behavior is a problem. He says nothing about Kassadin's interaction being a problem.

Thus it is implied Kassadin doing this is not a problem, in Nome's mind, through context; because he does not specify the problem/solution as plural. Only singular, belonging to Zac.

Redeemed In Fire

03-18-2013

He doesn't say anything at all about whether Kass is a problem, and I kind of read it as "we know Kass is a problem, but we're talking about Zac here not Kass"

Torkable

03-18-2013

RABBLe RaBBLE RAbBLE

NamKim

03-18-2013

TT and Dom are two separate maps.

I'm on the DominateTT site and looked at two Tier's List. Kassadin is considered a powerful pick, but not the "God Pick."