Runes for Rammus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

I'm not buying Armor or Health runes as I think they are horrible. I'm using Dodge Seals and either Armor Pen or Magic Pen Quints and Marks. Glyphs are also a hard decision, got CDR/level, Magic Res/level, and Mana Regen/Level.

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

Hi, fellow Rammus user.

Here is how I chose my runes.

Red--Magic Penetration Marks. The reason is that most of your damage done in teamfights will come from magical spells rather than physical attacks--Powerball, DBC return damage, Tremors. In addition, many of Rammus' staple items such as Sunfire Cape, and Thornmail both deals magical damage thus benefits from magic penetration runes.
You will be surprised at just how much damage your Powerball can deal even at level 1. I got many first bloods that way. The other team even asked me many times "How the heck is your PB dealing this much damage?"

Yellow--Five Mana Regeneration per level Seals and four Health per level Seals. I used to have full (9) Mana Regeneration per level Seals so Rammus will not be as mana starved, especially during mid game. The mana regen seals work really great with Chalice of Harmony, guaranteeing Rammus endless mana from mid game on. However, after Riot's last patch, Rammus is less mana dependent than before so I began switching some of my mana regen runes with Health per level Seals. I personally think the Helth per level seals are worth it since it even's out with flat health Seals at level 5 and at level 18 I get to have 70+ HP. (That 70 HP will actually mean much late game due to the immense armor and MR Rammus will have)

Blue--Flat Magic Resistance Glyphs. 13 Magic resistance at level 1 really helps me against those pesky casters during laning phase, especially against Ryze and Zilean.
I had bought Cooldown Reduction Glyphs before but I stopped using them ever since Randuin's Omen came out. 15% CDR from Randuin's Omen + 20% CDR from Glacial Shroud + 6% CDR from Utility Mastery maxes it out. (Yeah, I go 0/9/21 on my Rammus mastery)

Cheers.

Oh, and please offer your support and opinions on my Rammus improvement thread; hopefully Riot might include some changes in this patch.
https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=85152

True Bandito

05-08-2010

Forgot to say, Ability Power per level Glyphs are pretty good if you are going for AP Rammus build.

fgfg

08-25-2012

ok