Counter to Kat mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NDAWE

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNisPolly View Post
Lol ThanksALatte are you one of the people I fought today? o.o Your name is familiar.

In my experience whenever I solo mid with Katarina, the only people that I've actually gone against 1v1 and had trouble with is

Cho'gath
Heimerdinger
Ezreal

I've never seen a Shen solo mid and I've never seen a Mundo solo mid.

Tristana is easy for me solo mid. All I have to do is the same thing I do to Teemo, Ashe, or Twitch.
more than 250 games with Kat. Beleve me NO ONE EZREAL CAN STAND AGAINST KATARINA!!! About Cho if u nonstop KI+BB him he cant keep it too. After they remake heimer i can kill him before lvl6 too. But for all this there is 1 condition = Exaust + ignite. If u play with other summoner spells with Katarina probably u can got trouble vs some champions. In other way if u play right i dont know who champion can stand against Kat.

peyo

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAWE View Post
more than 250 games with Kat. Beleve me NO ONE EZREAL CAN STAND AGAINST KATARINA!!! About Cho if u nonstop KI+BB him he cant keep it too. After they remake heimer i can kill him before lvl6 too. But for all this there is 1 condition = Exaust + ignite. If u play with other summoner spells with Katarina probably u can got trouble vs some champions. In other way if u play right i dont know who champion can stand against Kat.
agreed.
Cho might be hard to kill, cuz of his HP, but he can't do anything to you
Heim is a pain in the ass, the only mid char I hate. Stun, rockets and turrets aahhh...

MBirk

05-07-2010

It really depends on your champ selection.
Tell us who you were playing, perhaps we can give more specific advice.

I had good kat the other day vs my Sivir mid.
She dodge my BB pretty consistently. Only landing maybe 30% on her. Kindof gave up even trying, and just farmed minions to outgold her.
On the other hand, she was dumb and kept feeding my spellshield with her BB over and over. not even trying to fake me out with it. A few times I even blew my SS way early, and she still threw the BB at me after like 2.5s.
Richochet+bb out farmed her, and also kept her from meleeing. Forcing her to use BB to do any last hitting. and any attempt to bb me, was SS'd, giving me more mana. Additionally, I sat in creep waves myself, so when she would BB npcs, the BB bouncing would bounce to me 90% of the time, right into a SS to feed me more mana.

Eppa

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirk View Post
It really depends on your champ selection.
Tell us who you were playing, perhaps we can give more specific advice.

I had good kat the other day vs my Sivir mid.
She dodge my BB pretty consistently. Only landing maybe 30% on her. Kindof gave up even trying, and just farmed minions to outgold her.
On the other hand, she was dumb and kept feeding my spellshield with her BB over and over. not even trying to fake me out with it. A few times I even blew my SS way early, and she still threw the BB at me after like 2.5s.
Richochet+bb out farmed her, and also kept her from meleeing. Forcing her to use BB to do any last hitting. and any attempt to bb me, was SS'd, giving me more mana. Additionally, I sat in creep waves myself, so when she would BB npcs, the BB bouncing would bounce to me 90% of the time, right into a SS to feed me more mana.
Sivir with decent connection>******ed Kat

But yeah sivir is a pretty even matchup for kat that imo kat is slightly ahead when i comes to power but sivir wins if it becomes even.

(by wins i mean she doesn't get killed.)

h3w0

05-07-2010

Kat rapes any of the conventional solo mids. The squishier ones like ashe sivir and ez are birthday present to katarina. Heimer has already been mentioned, and he does give kat quite a bit fo trouble since she cant burst his turrets down very good. One counter not mentioned is mordekaiser. Mords abilities do about the same damage as kat, except he gets a shield.

Kinney

05-07-2010

Need a counter to Kat in mid? Bird is the word.

xzymethx

05-07-2010

was so fun to own all those mid players before the buff
now since so many ppl playing kata its not fun anymore :<

peyo

05-07-2010

I have been playing 3 times against a Mordekaiser in mid and I killed all of them. Most people just do 'harrass and move back, before they can get you'. This won't work for Mordekaiser and Zilean. You have to be agressive.

YellowSnowsicle

05-07-2010

Kat is basically there to screw over the normal solo mids. Unconventional tank solos give her a ton of trouble.

With that said, Ezreal does ok if you run cleanse. She can't harass you out of mystic shot range. Just farm up and stay away from her.

Polly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2010

Even with the recent buffs there aren't many Katarina players. I for one just absolutely love her playstyle and I'm actually GOOD with her. Probably not saying much since I'm only level 20 but I've been using her since level 1 lol. I started at week 20 when Katarina was free and after that week I bought her with Riot Points because of how epic she was.

Personally, I go with Hybrid Katarina mostly focusing on AD and usually no one can beat me mid because of my harassment and my decent perception of incoming ganks and attacks. I can usually sidestep any attack that needs a direct hit and I know when to pull back or when to tower dive correctly lol.

Against the conventional mids, I usually get 2-4 kills and zero deaths by the time i'm level 9 with B.F. Sword and Boots of Swiftness