Counter to Kat mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kriptini

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNisPolly View Post
I've never seen a Shen solo mid and I've never seen a Mundo solo mid.

Tristana is easy for me solo mid. All I have to do is the same thing I do to Teemo, Ashe, or Twitch.
Shen solo mids are rare. I only ever knew one guy that did it, but I'd always see: "First Blood!" "Legendary!" coming from his lane. No idea what he was doing, but it was working.

Mundo usually doesn't solo mid, but a counterpick is a counterpick...

Tristana has range, and with a little mobility, she could prove a match for Kat.

Sunaka

05-06-2010

Kats harass trick is hit and run, then when you're low enough kill you. (Its usually, bb, followed by shunpo with ONE auto attack.) When she tries running back (Assuming you aren't melee) TEAR into her ass. You'll end up needing health pots, just tele back (If you're doing mid without tele, you're doing something wrong more then likely.) with a **** ton of them and outlast her investment

peyo

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunaka View Post
(If you're doing mid without tele, you're doing something wrong more then likely.)
not really.

Tell everyone to get wards in the grass by the river (you should also do so) and just defend, that's what pisses me off the most.
Who r you playing with?

Rappahannock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

wouldnt a level 2 ashe easily counter this? if the ashe waits for her crit chance to get up. volley plus frost arrow would easily keep her at bay until the fort runs out. the whole purpose that kat gets a fort pot is to be super aggresive, right? or at least kats mindset will be aggressive because they dont want to waste the fort. idk.. any thoughts on that? a teemo would easily counter a kat mid

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

Ashe's volley cd isnt fast enough till it gets leveled a couple of times. You also need to build in order to spam it. I use clarity and 2 mana pots; this gets me well past level 6 and u need to use arrow from a distance as she will shunpo on u dodging it as soon as u are in range.

I do pretty well as karthus and can out farm her with lay waste easily and dont mind sitting at the tower. Usually they quickly start trying to gank other lanes though. So u have to be diligent and watchful for your allies in other lanes. As Kat will want to get a kill to pay for that elixir.

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

05-06-2010

Annie + good mana regen. Kat comes in, you hurt her more than she hurts you. Don't use incinerate til she shunpos, stun with disintegrate and keep up the harass so that she can only last hit with bouncing blades. You'll burn through the pots pretty fast.

If you want something that's not character specific, play passive, don't stray too far from the tower and force her to over extend to harass you.

Poochy

05-06-2010

either stay away form ur minions and going in during its cooldown...or call for an early gank

peyo

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilpigeon View Post
Annie + good mana regen. Kat comes in, you hurt her more than she hurts you. Don't use incinerate til she shunpos, stun with disintegrate and keep up the harass so that she can only last hit with bouncing blades. You'll burn through the pots pretty fast.

If you want something that's not character specific, play passive, don't stray too far from the tower and force her to over extend to harass you.
it's not that easy. I am always waiting for the enemy to use their skill first, eventually I make them use it (like Ashe's Volley, I usually hide behind creeps and some times, I will make her able to hit me, but when she uses it, I will shunpo at her).
If you don't use your skills, then you don't have the stun with annie and your farming is worse.
Also, by levels 1-3 I can easily Shunpo at annie, as she won't do higher damage than me + I've got a HP regen and more HP and she's got only mana regen. Whenever I see she can stun me, I will just harrass her with my Bouncing Blade, which is the best and the most safe harrass.

Eppa

05-07-2010

The best counter would probably be shen or nidalee. Annie, Ashen Ez and to a lesser extent trist all get raped by Kat.

SsapS

05-07-2010

One of my friends plays Kat as his main and he says the only reason he suceeds so well in mid is because Shunpo distance is much larger then BB distance. So he sits there spamming BB, which is a decent harass (but all mid carries have decent harass).

Once the opponent becomes accustomed to the range on BB (which is something we do unintentionally) and gets too close he Shunpo's and hits em a few times and then does it again. I don't think I have ever played a game with him that he didn't get first blood tbh