A flaw in Dominion, perhaps?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

08-10-2011

riot is better than me , because i fail to see why melee won't be op in 1vs1 if ranged are not op in 5vs5

TahaKill4funz

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Bird View Post
Maybe i was misinterpreted. What i meant is that some champions, as they are now, might present themselves way too powerful for Dominion mode, while the same champions would be considered balanced for the Classical one. In that way, if per chance they came to be modified, the balance could be broken in one of the sides.

Of course, i might be overthinking the things. Better wait for Dominion to be released in order to confirm anything.
Sort of like how Dr. Mundo sucks in summoner's rift (in most team comps) and dominates in twisted tree line (in most team comps)?

rumples

08-10-2011

Im assuming this is where strategy comes into play. Teams will likely have a couple beefy melees to commando around the map solo taking points. casters and support and whatnot will be in small groups. When it comes down to it though even if melee proves to be much stronger you're STILL going to need some variety on your team

TheWondermonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

Will Dominion affect future champion balance?

TahaKill4funz

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWondermonkey View Post
Will Dominion affect future champion balance?
Of course it will. I'm not sure what this thread is about because all of the worries posted in this thread are nothing new when you look at twisted treeline and summoners rift. They both have different gameplay, different mechanics, etc. Don't pull an Elementz where you start QQing about something before you even try it.

Dragull

08-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
We've done a lot of work on Dominion to make sure that all of the champions are fun to play both as and against in this game mode, and we've been able to accomplish a lot of this via adjusting the item shop and tweaking other features. Will Dominion have a different tier list than Summoner's Rift? Quite likely. However I'm not worried about balancing the two modes as you are. If anything Dominion should actually raise the bar of quality across the product, as a stronger eye will be given to making champions fun in both small skirmishes and larger team fights. This ultimately leads to better balanced champions as a whole and will improve the experience for everyone both in Classic and in Dominion.
Yeah I agree. It's not like you can make all champion EXACTLY balanced in SR, since it also depends on the meta.

That said, Support champions (other than maybe Janna) don't seems to have a place in Dominion =P.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2011

Quote:
Propaganda.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.... hahahaha.... eh hee heeeeee...... whoooooooo..... oh wow. i needed that.

animegirl1998

03-18-2013

Quote:
We've done a lot of work on Dominion to make sure that all of the champions are fun to play both as and against in this game mode, and we've been able to accomplish a lot of this via adjusting the item shop and tweaking other features. Will Dominion have a different tier list than Summoner's Rift? Quite likely. However I'm not worried about balancing the two modes as you are. If anything Dominion should actually raise the bar of quality across the product, as a stronger eye will be given to making champions fun in both small skirmishes and larger team fights. This ultimately leads to better balanced champions as a whole and will improve the experience for everyone both in Classic and in Dominion.
is that soooo??

MaximumTacolord

03-18-2013

I gotta say, reading these super dated posts now is HILARIOUS!

FetisPuncher

03-18-2013

yea... and to believe we trusted riot..

Never again.