Qustion for Garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xeres Fhenn

05-06-2010

My question today is for people using Garen. Generally I play him as DPS with maybe a warmogs(depends on how the game is going and who I'm laning with/against). What I want to know is that I enjoy getting black cleaver however, does the item's passive work with Judgement? I would prefer to have Bloodthirster rather then that if if doesn't. Thanks for replying and helping me out . I also ask this because by the time I get Black Cleaver I do a lot of damage to really notice lol

Temlam

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeres Fhenn View Post
My question today is for people using Garen. Generally I play him as DPS with maybe a warmogs(depends on how the game is going and who I'm laning with/against). What I want to know is that I enjoy getting black cleaver however, does the item's passive work with Judgement? I would prefer to have Bloodthirster rather then that if if doesn't. Thanks for replying and helping me out . I also ask this because by the time I get Black Cleaver I do a lot of damage to really notice lol
you would probably be best to know, just stop at vampiric sceptor for minion ups, judgement doesnt mix with lifesteal.

Xeres Fhenn

05-06-2010

ok, but getting the kills still count for the Bloodthirster and continue to stack the damage i need. In the long run it's better to have that than Black Cleaver. I need to know if Black Cleaver's passive mixes with Judgement.

IndomitusRex

05-06-2010

Well, there's any easy way to find out. Play a practice game, and see if the visual effect from the Black Cleaver shows up when you're using Judgement. Phage's graphic shows up with Judgement, so that should be a fair test. I would guess Black Cleaver would work with Judgement, based on how it interacts with Phage.

Xeres Fhenn

05-06-2010

Ok well I did what you suggested, and I would Q, see the graphic for Black Cleaver and then Judgement and would see nothing other than the sword so I'm assuming that it doesn't work...

Incineration

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

If you want armor pen get Last Whisper. Infinity's Edge/Ghostblade/Bloodthirster are much better items than Black Cleaver for Garen.

Temlam

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disolve View Post
If you want armor pen get Last Whisper. Infinity's Edge/Ghostblade/Bloodthirster are much better items than Black Cleaver for Garen.
oh hell yes get an edge. building crit with only the edge's damage (maybe a brutalizer) rapes

Carados

05-06-2010

Judgement doesn't apply on hit effects, like every other skill in the game that doesn't say "Applies on hit effects."

PineapplePine

05-06-2010

Just to confirm the guy above. Garen's Judgement doesn't apply ANY on hit effect. I know because I almost get Frozen Mallet every time I play Garen. And his judgement never works with the slow. So I have to use Q to run up, hit once, and E and spin and damage.

Thirteenth Owl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

Crit build for garen is up. Thats the the only reason people are saying he is up >.<