Is this a good Taric?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

turtlejay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

I've read the Taric builds available, and come up with the Taric I think works best for me:

http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/T...371e09675ede7f

Of course, the calculator doesn't take into account the extra damage from Radiance, but by my math that increases the damage dealt about 50%.

Jay

Ryuukihei

05-06-2010

DPS Taric? Too many attack speed items. Take off Berz greaves for Merc or Tabi, take off malady for Sheen (make a trinity later, this is for Burst damage) or damage items like IE. Or instead of malady, get more defensive items like banshee or leviathans. Well, thats at least how I do it.

However, let me tell you something about DPS taric. Hes good/viable in short games (TT), BUT if the game carries on, his end game blows. As a melee dps, he just doesnt dish out as much damage as other carries.

Joco

05-06-2010

It would be fun to get those items on him, but it doesn't really play to his strengths IMO. The attack speed is only going to do you good if you are attacking stuff, and you don't have any defensive items to really allow for that. I like to get defensive/support items on him like Aegis of the Legion and Frozen Heart, which helps to buff your team, debuff the other team, and gives you more mana to work with.

I don't really see the build working that well in competitive play, but it would be fun to try.

turtlejay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

Thanks for the advice. I have hitched my wagon to him, because I really like his abilities. . .but it seems like he is kind of generally underwhelming. Folks like having him around when they are dying or trying to get someone stunned, other than that I feel like the party whipping boy.

I tried running an Aura Taric for awhile (Starks, Soul Shroud, Locket) and did pretty well, with a positive W/L, but didn't feel like I was contributing much to the big group fights that SR turns into at the end.

With the change to Taric's ult, I thought I'd try for an Attack Speed focused Taric to maximise its usefulness, but . . .Taric is generally too poor for most of those things.

Still working out what to do with him.

Jay

Joco

05-06-2010

I know what you mean; Taric is my most played champ, but when I switch to Tristana and do a good job being the carry, I feel more important because I'm actually making kills.

However, once in a while you get teammates that voice their appreciation for the support that Taric brings, and that brings up his fun factor.

Other than that, I usually try to pick champs based on team composition. So I'll only play Taric if we already have enough tanking, magic dmg, and a good physical carry (I only build him for support lately). I think this helps to maximize his effectiveness because he needs poweful champs to support, or else he's not going to contribute much.

Grist

05-06-2010

I like building a more defensive taric with Aegis, Frozen Heart, merc treads, and usually put in a sheen into Trinity Force and one more item depending on the situation. Thornmail has done wonders whenever i get it and people are stupid enough to try to attack me.

turtlejay

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist View Post
I like building a more defensive taric with Aegis, Frozen Heart, merc treads, and usually put in a sheen into Trinity Force and one more item depending on the situation. Thornmail has done wonders whenever i get it and people are stupid enough to try to attack me.
Oooh, thornmail. That is a good idea. I had been playing around with Randuin's (since Heart of Gold can sit in your inventory for 10 minutes and pay for itself) but I'm not sold on it.

Taric is just not tough enough to be hitting things with a hammer, is the problem. Solving that with some lifesteal and his ult was one (apparently flawed) option. AP Taric? Tanky Taric?

Jay

PS - The guides I've read for him here. . .outdated and mostly not super helpful. Does that show that pros stay away from him?

rockafella

05-06-2010

havent touched him since his ult was changed. all guides on him seem to be outdated because they do not reflect the changes in imbue or radiance. im gonna give him a try again and see how it goes, im a little warry though