Me vs. Cho

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PapaSmurf255

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

Hi,

I'm relatively new (played for about a month) and I'm looking for some advice on fighting against Cho, since I just got my destroyed by one. I haven't played against many good Cho's, or any Cho's at all, really, in my normal level/elo range; however this one was quite good but then again I was in a premade with a level 30. Anyways...

The other team had a WW, so the enemy Cho solo laned against me (Shen) and a twitch. I did my best to deny him XP, but the twitch did a little too many auto-attacks, and quite a few waves pushed to the enemy tower.

I died to Cho when he was 8 and I was 6. Twitch lagged out, and I was being pushed back to my tower. I had a little less than half of my health when he popped rapture, hit me twice with his attack and ate me, all at my tower. This happened again later, when he dived my tower again to burst me down from half health to death, while running away taking little damage from the tower.

I looked at his items, and he did not have any AD/AP items. He had a ruby crystal and regn (later built into Warmongs, I believe). I wasn't being overly aggressive and rushing the enemy tower, yet he was still able to kill me with ease.

So, my question is... how do I effectively fight Cho early game? My harassment on him was useful at the beginning, but when he got to level 3-4 he had no problem tanking my hits.

Louise

05-06-2010

he can only tower dive and eat you if

a: you're hanging around at half health and he's full
and
b: you get hit by rupture and don't use your dash to run backwards

JonnyThinkChamp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

Avoid the little wavey things on the floor, and stay away from his mouth. Scream/Exhaust>Rupture>NOMNOMNOM hurts.

PapaSmurf255

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolla View Post
a: you're hanging around at half health and he's full
Right. So how do I stop this from happening? His hits out-damage my vorpal heal, and any damage I do to him gets quickly healed by him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolla View Post
b: you get hit by rupture and don't use your dash to run backwards
He ruptures/feasts quickly. I did this, and still died. Both times I was standing at around 2x tower width away from him when his feast "hit" me and killed me because he casted it the second I landed.

un1337

05-06-2010

your meant to dodge the rupture, if u get hit you get stunned and hence is a free feed.

try dodging the waves on the ground as stated previously.

Louise

05-06-2010

if you're way back, the only hits he can land is rupture, and you need to get good at anticipating/dodging that.

if you're taking any other kinda hits from him, you're doing it wrong. shen is a bad match up against cho. you really don't have to tools to hurt him effectively. the only real damage you're gonna do to him is taunting him at the tower.

Matthew21210

05-06-2010

yeah. Sounds like a MFing Cho'Gath. His whole game is built on denying with his vorpals, and then waiting until you think 500 health is enough to be standing under a tower with. Rupture flash feast leave.
Towers stop most champs from towerdiving you but, he has two great early "Mini nukes" as well as solid harassing.
As shen, you need to be hitting **** to ignore harassing. Cho, He merely has to be hitting SOMETHING to be harassing thanks to his vorpals. It's a broken matchup from the start.

The thing you need to do here is not try to outdamage him but, well.... Switch lanes. Get someone with constant harassing or great regen.
ALWAY'S Co-ordinate an early double gank if you see a solo laner.
Cho might look scary, and for good reason, but before level 5 he's just a big kid. Taunt him into the ground, (Blade him first for the healing. By the time he see's the missile and realizes OH **** GANK, you've dashed.) and beat on him. You have twitch, so, I assume he went into the bush a solid 19 seconds ago and just unloaded 6 darts > Debilitating > more MFing Crossbow bolts of death. Meanwhile, keep beating Cho. If he's hit 6 he's going to feast you if he sees a chance so pop feint to mitigate some damage from it (twitch is fine. he's ranged and SORT OF far away). Could result in him blowing his ult and not getting anything. The more you can keep him running the less he'll kill minions and regain health. I can't count the times I've been in mid as cho, and an ashe or something got cheeky, and tried to gank me. Rupture them and the minion wave they're standing on. Proceed to attack minions and regain health while vorpal goes to work. If the twitch held off on expunge right until the stacks were gone, he should be in the land of black and white by now. Cho's a big kid and he walks like it. Don't let him feed and don't let him get fed.