What Percentage of people don't understand what a tank does?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhendeth

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betrunken Affe View Post
I agree, I've even been told by people that a good tank should be able to have a positive K/D ratio no matter what, irregardless of their assists nor who they saved/stopped from escaping.

See, that pisses me off. I've roller balled into teams of the enemy to save two low health teammates who were being chased, so that I could die to save them, and have been called a "noob" before by other people for being "dumb enough to roll into the entire enemy team".

Tanks die so that others may live. If you have a high K/D ratio it means you'll give more money per death, and with as often as you are putting your neck out there doing stuff that no one else on your team could pull off, it's not a good idea really to be worth a lot. So, a bad K/D ratio isn't a horrible idea, as long as you have a lot of assists.

Fistful of Force

08-09-2011

Give this to people who don't know how to tank.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik..._Tanking_Guide

Demonicous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2011

I had to do a case on Tribunal 2 months back a Rammus was reported for feeding. I KIDD YOU NOT when I say his score was 6 / 46 / 70.... and his team.... the team that reported him..... won in the end.... now apparently in the case he fed in the beginning so he would become worthless as a kill so that does desrve the report..... but mid game he would set up ganks where he would die but his CC and initiation basically set up his team mates to ACE

RIOT ended up banning this guy for exploiting the gold worth system.... but he was considered by RIOT to have done his job as a tank Mid to Late game.... (the reason I know this is because it was discussed on the tribunal forums with RIOT staff).... but not early game

I agree with everyone here and I main as a tank and feel under appreciated.... the case above was an example of how tanks do their jobs if they have more deaths than kills.... (however he did purposly feed in the beinning in order to make him give less gold later) which added to the chaos and insanity

Demonicous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistful of Force View Post

MobaFire tends to agree with you Fistful of Foce but they also disagree with you to a slight degree and I listen to them a bit more.

I have chased enemies around as Singed, Malphite, Amumu or Alistar and it took me a while to kill them.... but the reason I was chasing them is because my defenses were so **** high that my BASE damage was out pacing their offensively built damage only because my defenses turned their casts / attacks into mosquito bites..... and MY HEALTH REGEN was keeping me alive

You have no idea how man times an Olaf through he could take my Malphite down.... only to find out that aint happening bro

I remember when I chased around a tanky built Lee Sin as Singed for no joke over 2 minutes..... this was endgame and we had the win in the bag..... he died after so many failed jukes

According to MobaFire building defensive items that ALSO give you Magic Pen or Armor Pen (based on what your damage output is) can and will increase your effective base damage

So an Abyssal Scepter on Amumu can really devestate the enemy... Rylai's Crystal Scepter on Singed is just not even fair for them

So I do agree with you fully.... its just that if I see a pure offense item on a tank like I.E. im just gonna laugh at them

PlazmaSugar

08-09-2011

and the sad irony is people wonder why no one wants to play as tanks?

Alithalor

08-09-2011

BuFF HeR AP RatIOS 4 GRT JustICE!!!

Too bad people don't realize Leo is the paragon of what a Tank should be in this game. I wish all the other Tanks had the same Damage vs. Survivability/CC ratio as her.

curiel

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistful of Force View Post

wow no this is bad tanks dont need hurt you they need good cc and slows and stuns so your team can get them and they dont have to be the last one standing unless your a support tank like taric this is how i know if i did my job as alister ult run in there flash in q there team w there biges damge maker to the middle of out team spam my e if i did all that and die than i know i did all i could but if i live and my 3 ap teammates die than i know i did something bad

coquettishmaid

08-12-2011

and this is why I never play tank, I don't wanna get blamed XD

Moms Spaghetti

08-12-2011

Leona is a good tank and people will always complain/troll if someone goes negative regardless of their job

MKDkilla

08-12-2011

Not a lot of people appreciate tanks.. I play rammus and I can't count the times when I taunt the overextending opposing carry into our team and demolish him/her and as a result win a team fight. Never do I get a thanks..