Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What Percentage of people don't understand what a tank does?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cait UIted JFK

08-09-2011

I don't know how many times I've played Leona and had 30+ assists in game but my K was something like 3:8 therefore I'm the feeder and we barely won because of me.
This coming from a full pre-made of pure DPS champs with no CC and really the only reason they did win is do to my CC and stuns to protect the carries in the back.
I'd say 90% of games that I get into its this and furthermore if someone themselves is feeding and I'm actually doing well, ex. 1-3-11 then I'd get called out hard for feeding.

It just gets to me, especially since I can't do much damage with Leona after about level 11 as I go tank/CDR build.

Autocthon

08-09-2011

Leona has hidden damage with her passive tho >.> It's like a free +140 damage on all her abilities!

TeenageDracula

08-09-2011

As a man who mains tanks and support, it gets frustrating to get yelled at for a score like 2-5-18.

Saereth

08-09-2011

you just have to ignore people, they are uninformed about her passive and from the sounds of it, the role of a tank in general. Now if your 8 deaths were all in the first 5 minutes I could certainly understand the complaint but overall 3/8/30 is not a bad tank score at all.

Rhendeth

08-09-2011

It takes a good team for a Tank to do well.

If a Tank has a bad team, he wont do well, even if he's a good player.

As Rammus I've had several 20/5/30 games where we've won, I've had 15/10/30 games where we've lost, and I've had a lot of 3/10/30 games where we've won.

A good Tank is only as good as his team. After he engages, it's up to the team to win, from the moment he gets focused, Taunts (or for off tanks, stuns) and drops whatever dmg he can, from then on, it's mostly up to the team to win. A good tank makes the enemy team burn their CD's on him, it's up to a good team after that to win the battle.

Betrunken Affe

08-09-2011

I agree, I've even been told by people that a good tank should be able to have a positive K/D ratio no matter what, irregardless of their assists nor who they saved/stopped from escaping.

Autocthon

08-09-2011

I main tanky DPS in general. I do play Mao as a tank and Cho as an off-tank (Zhonya+Abyssal makes cho a happy monster).

But I feel the pain. Scores like 3/8/27 on an off-tank or support and I get called a noob.

Admittedly when I DO play a carry all my kils get TAKEN by the tank/support who doesn't know what their job is.

If you're playing normals or low ELO ranked just strive to take those kils so they can blame the carry instead of you.

PlazmaSugar

08-09-2011

Its just like when i play with my friends

Score: 2/3/15 (hypothetical score) Durrrrr get some moar kills

Score: 3/7/27 DURRRRRRR stop feeding bro

If my teams squishes are running away with kill streaks and i go back and sacrifice myself to buy them time to get away: WHY U FEEDING

if theres a team fight i initiate and setup 3-4 kills but die in the process: DURRRR WHY U FEEDING

if theres a team fight i setup 1 kill and run away so i dont die and get branded a freeder: FAIL TANK IS FAIL

with tanks its no win bro just no win

Alrocsmash

08-09-2011

You cannot tank for morons who blow their load on the first person out of the bushes ( who is their tank PS). This frustrates me to NO end. Count to three, and destroy their Corki who is raping our team.

click d or f

08-09-2011

Quote:
AngryChode:
I don't know how many times I've played Leona and had 30+ assists in game but my K was something like 3:8 therefore I'm the feeder and we barely won because of me.
This coming from a full pre-made of pure DPS champs with no CC and really the only reason they did win is do to my CC and stuns to protect the carries in the back.
I'd say 90% of games that I get into its this and furthermore if someone themselves is feeding and I'm actually doing well, ex. 1-3-11 then I'd get called out hard for feeding.

It just gets to me, especially since I can't do much damage with Leona after about level 11 as I go tank/CDR build.

Tanks are like supportish sponges that absorb all damage. Dont worry if you cant give damage, your suppose to take it. Thats the point of a tank. Because if there were no tanks, gg