Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is there a way to resize partitions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Pensieve

08-09-2011

Hey guys.

I partitioned about 25 gb's of space on Windowns 7 so that I can run League without problems.. but between the programs and drivers installed on the partition I am currently down to about 2.41 gb's of free space (LoL finished downloading, but it's the patching that I am worried about) Will I be able to finish patching LoL with the free space I have? Otherewise, is there a way to resize my partitions? Or do I need to go through the whole process of Boot Camp all over again?

Flying Toilet

08-09-2011

Doesn't the Disk Utility in the Utilities folder let you change partition sizes? http://osxdaily.com/2009/11/20/resize-partitions-in-mac-os-x-with-disk-utility/ If you are running the game in BootCamp have you tried the new Cider port that was posted here the other day? It runs a lot better than the WIn7 game in BootCamp for me.

The Pensieve

08-09-2011

Oh cool, thanks. I'm really new to OSX so I haven't been messing around on it a lot.
EDIT: Apparently you can't do it through Disk Utility. There are third party options but I'm not willing to go out and buy a pack of DVD-R's. Ended up just reinstalling/repartitioning Windowns.

Thanks for your help though!

EDIT2: No, I haven't tried the new Cider port. I'll make sure to try that next time I'm on the OSX side of things.