IP rewards on Dominion..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordJerichoSwain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

Will it be better to just play Dominion after its release than play summoners rift? The game moves on faster, you can prolly get in 2 Dominion matches rather than a single game of classic mode. Just wondering if the IP will be very low since if you loose a match on SR and it lasts 30 minish you only get like 70 IP. On Dominion will we get like 40 for a loss and it lasts 20 min?

I know there is a new Player Score count. And I remember during Dominion live stream over this past weekend ( gamescom stream ) a player got over 2,500 PS. And phreak commented that was probably the single highest PS he had ever seen...

If PS does affect IP rewards I believe Riot may of made the right move, motivates people to be more of a team player even if the game seems like a loss. May help reduce trolling on the game mode.

LordSocky

08-22-2011

Trolls don't care about any reward other than rage induced. You can't 'reduce trolling' by ingame mechanics.

LordJerichoSwain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2011

I wrote "May" for a reason? Illiterate possibly... Nevertheless, not the main subject of this thread.

RavenGlenn

08-22-2011

From what I remember from the first stream, it will be a viable(if not better) method of obtaining IP.

And I agree that having Player Score directly influence IP gain would be rather nice...but that depends entirely on how Player Score is figured. We know that you get more Player Score points for say...killing someone on the point....but what if we kill them in the jungle after they run away from the point? Or what if we intercept them on the way to attacking the point? In the end, we might have had a much tougher battle(since we don't have the tower to aid us) and also kept them from even getting near the point to begin with. That would be a greater team benefit then us waiting for them to get to the point where they could hamper our team.

I really do like the idea of the Player Score, but I question how useful it truly is. Unless you constantly rack up points while staying on a point you have, then there isn't really a great benefit to defending so much as going and aggressively trying to take towers all the time.

Sneakykorean

Master Recruiter

08-22-2011

A screenshot from a 25 minute victory and he got 39 IP, I think for a loss you get 20 something. Of course this isn't final so who knows, but regardless of IP I'll be playing it for the fun!

LordJerichoSwain

08-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakykorean View Post
A screenshot from a 25 minute victory and he got 39 IP, I think for a loss you get 20 something. Of course this isn't final so who knows, but regardless of IP I'll be playing it for the fun!
And that Annie had a pretty good PS if you ask me, great screen shot!

Yaezakura

08-22-2011

I don't really think your score matters. IP earned is based on time invested and if your team wins or loses.

All in all, Dominion should earn roughly the same IP/minute as Summoner's Rift, if not slightly higher. I emphasize slightly because the difference is so small there's currently no guarantee it's actually higher at all--it's so close as to be a non-issue.