The All Encompassing Ranged and Melee Attack Damage Carry Itemization Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Supreme1337

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyTrader View Post
And im sorry if you all think i am a noob, i dont know anything, etc. But i am purely giving you a guide from personal experience and the most effectiveness in any given game. If you try it out (dont judge me so quickly) and dont fail early/mid game, you will surely love it.
Dude, can't you listen? You are a noob because it can be mathematically proven that armor pen is better than crit dmg.

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

05-07-2010

Hi, the most efficient dps you can buy is a last whisper + a brutaliser, still the best even in pugs where nobody bothers with armour.

(There are exceptions to this rules - trist for example (cos she already has good AS) but in general)

TildeMerand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2010

This is just...

Bad.

Nihil Sine Nefas

05-07-2010

ShadyTrader, I'm not trying to say that your "build" and "strategy" don't work. I'm saying that it only helps the most newb-tastic, clueless, "wtf-am-I-doing" players who don't know anything about video games. The kind of players who think Innervating Locket, Zhonya's, and Warmogs would be great on Tristana. In short, it doesn't really help anyone with a half of a brain cell.

wildfire393

05-07-2010

Quote:
Im sorry if i misled you, but under the "Gameplay" section i stated that you are purely going for the carries and then for the lower damage, more survivable champions. I have gone countless games three shotting ashes with my 700 damage crits, four shotting teemos, etc. Surely armor pen is more powerful versus initiators and support, but i am talking about taking out their carry quicker. I had a 52 minute game last night and i went 36/14/7 as Twisted Fate. This build simply outdamages any other carry vs carry.

^^^I choose phantom dancer for the ******ed amount of crit, as well as huge attack speed bonus. Yes it might cost a bit, but i usually am getting a fairly high revenue.

And im sorry if you all think i am a noob, i dont know anything, etc. But i am purely giving you a guide from personal experience and the most effectiveness in any given game. If you try it out (dont judge me so quickly) and dont fail early/mid game, you will surely love it.
Do you not read, at all? Going Crit Damage over Armor Pen and Phantom Dancer over Last Whisper AGAINST SQUISHY CHARACTERS does mathematically less damage, while requiring a larger investment of gold, rune slots, and mastery points, making your character less flexible and less good. MATHEMATICALLY. This is not a matter of opinion. This is not a matter of experience. This is a matter of THE OTHER WAY IS ALWAYS BETTER IN 100% OF CASES BECAUSE MATHEMATICALLY IT DOES MORE DAMAGE FOR LESS.

ShadyTrader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-07-2010

Crit > armor pen

Nihil Sine Nefas

05-07-2010

Quote:
Crit > armor pen
So you're basically saying that 1 + 1 doesn't equal 2? Wow, you are bad.

Supreme1337

05-07-2010

Don't you get it ShadyTrader? It's not a matter of opinion; it's a fact that arm pen is better. Just accept it and go get a Brutalizer and Last Whisper.

Zertull

05-07-2010

I think, now, he's just trying to get a rise out of you.

I also see that it's working =P

Silverdevilboy

05-07-2010

Please do not feed the trolls.

DPS items by value/cost:

Sword of the Occult with full stacks: 3.68
Madred's vs 3k HP: 1.89
Stacked Guinsoos: 1.88
Sword of the Occult with 10 stacks: 1.67
Stacked Bloodthirster: 1.48
Wit's End including burn: 1.46
Phantom Dancer: 1.37 including movement speed.
Brutaliser: 1.34
Madred's vs a 1500HP enemy: 1.29
Last Whisper vs 80 armor AFTER flat penetration: 1.28
Infinity Edge: 1.22

Basically people suck at picking items. IE is actually pretty bad, and a Madred's is better in almost every way.

However, Stark's is awesome. Grab a single other physical champion, and you can get a ratio of 1.56, even disregarding the HP regen.

Get 2, the ratio is 2.26.

Yoummu's is a 1.15, but the active bumps it to a 2.07 for those few seconds.

Items that aren't worth the cost:

Frozen Mallet: You pay 1000 gold for that slow. Unless your team has NO CC, not really worth that.
Executioner's Calling: 200 gold for the active. Up to you if that's worth it.
Bloodthirster if you're not gonna farm it up. 0.89 ratio.

ATM, unless I'm playing vs ninja/garen/kat, I grab madred's and a wit's end, or a guinsoos if I have AP ratios. (Corki, Jax, etc.)

vs Ninjas, I get either Guinsoos, or Starks. Last Whisper is my last choice, taken only if I'm against ninjas, have no AP ratios, AND somebody else already bought starks. This...doesn't happen often.