The All Encompassing Ranged and Melee Attack Damage Carry Itemization Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyrolistical

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

Its been shown time and time again that DPS wise (not burst dmg) goes armor pene > crit chance > crit dmg.

l2mathcraft

Eppa

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Okay, you're going to make me break out my math. Assume a fairly average champion matchup at high level:

You have 100 base damage and they have 80 armor. I'll look at two builds. The first is your build, which has 45% crit damage in runes and goes 21/x/x for another 10% crit damage, 3 damage, 6 armor pen, and 4% damage increase.

My build goes Armor Pen Marks and Quints (29), Mana regen/level Seals, and CDR Glyphs along with 9/0/21 for some pretty heavy mana regen (staying power) and cooldown reduction (ability spam), because I know a champion does more than rightclick.

Additionally, we both have a Ghostblade and an IE, and as my third item I have a Last Whisper, while you have a Phantom Dancer. Your raw average damage per attack is 571, while mine is only 392. However, you suffer a 35% damage reduction due to unpenetrated armor, dropping your net damage down to 370 per attack.

Meanwhile, I suffer no damage reduction, dealing 392 damage per attack. Switching from a Phantom Dancer to a Last Whisper and Crit Damage Marks/Quints to Armor Pen adds that much more damage

This even if I have the handicap of not using offensive runes in Seals or Glyphs and not going all the way to 21 points in Offense and while using a third item that costs 1410 less than the Phantom Dancer.
Fix'd

wildfire393

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
Fix'd
Lol whitespace. Yeah, I'm bad at that sometimes, but my point stands. The OP's build is inflexible and inferior in just about every way.

Diomedea

05-06-2010

Phantom dancer just for the crit rate is way too expensive. Grab a green elixir and whatever basic crit rate item you want and you get what a PD gives for much less money (and more importantly, much earlier).

EchoRex

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyTrader View Post
See i like to disagree on the armor pen,
It is math, not an opinion, that you are attempting to disagree with, which leads straight to being wrong in doing so.

Temlam

05-06-2010

my garen build:

armor pen marks, hp/level seals, cooldown reduction glyphs, flat hp quints.
get boots to start, then speed 3 boots (garen needs the speed, no use for mana and health regen passive ftw) push infinity, crit early will not help you, you want the damage and bonus from crits.
The go zeal, then build an executioners calling, then finish phantom dancer (or just buy the crit chance and immediately buy brutalizer, at this point game is probably ending, rarely do I get a phantom dancer even if I dont buy brutalizer)
consistently do 561 damage crits with normal attack, I usually by this point find it hard to stop skill spamming, because I would be 100x better off auto attacking than using judgement by this stage.

Ebonclaw

05-06-2010

The All Encompassing How to Make Yourself Look More and More Like a Noob the More That You Type Guide

Nihil Sine Nefas

05-06-2010

So your guide is:

Buy useless and expensive tier 3 runes, expensive tier 3 DPS items, and right click on squishies to win. Holy **** that's useful!

Supreme1337

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil Sine Nefas View Post
So your guide is:

Buy useless and expensive tier 3 runes, expensive tier 3 DPS items, and right click on squishies to win. Holy **** that's useful!
You forgot to add that the build fails completely against anyone with armor (especially Thornmail).

ShadyTrader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-07-2010

Im sorry if i misled you, but under the "Gameplay" section i stated that you are purely going for the carries and then for the lower damage, more survivable champions. I have gone countless games three shotting ashes with my 700 damage crits, four shotting teemos, etc. Surely armor pen is more powerful versus initiators and support, but i am talking about taking out their carry quicker. I had a 52 minute game last night and i went 36/14/7 as Twisted Fate. This build simply outdamages any other carry vs carry.

Quote:
Phantom dancer just for the crit rate is way too expensive. Grab a green elixir and whatever basic crit rate item you want and you get what a PD gives for much less money (and more importantly, much earlier).
^^^I choose phantom dancer for the ******ed amount of crit, as well as huge attack speed bonus. Yes it might cost a bit, but i usually am getting a fairly high revenue.

And im sorry if you all think i am a noob, i dont know anything, etc. But i am purely giving you a guide from personal experience and the most effectiveness in any given game. If you try it out (dont judge me so quickly) and dont fail early/mid game, you will surely love it.