Connection Error

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chadman16

12-16-2012

This is very annoying >_>. I have reinstalled the game after trying everything said here and clicking the repair button. I was so happy when i could play again after reinstalling it, but now back to step one after 3-4 games, which my client starting to lag out. (thank goodness i was in the store not in a game) Please riot fix this i wanna play!

ThePonki

12-16-2012

Loss forgiven for the one who lost elo!

Dannyboyqw

12-16-2012

Anyone else having in game lag?
last match up i had 35 fps 50 ping and most of the game i was frozen while other champs were flying across my screen O.o

Hefty Sak

12-17-2012

the issue exists for me as following:

i get no slowdown of FPS or Latency, but do get frequent stalls where none of my command inputs go in. however, the chat system does appear to function OK during this time. i still successfully speak to my teammates over ventrilo/skype.

i frequently get the 'disconnected - attempting to reconnect logo' as i watch the action happen around me but cannot respond.

when i pan across the screen, champion/minion HP bars disappear.

note: my latency maintains under 70ms and my FPS stays solid 60 during these pauses and disconnected.

i believe this is a networking problem either at LOL proper or some interaction between LOL and Charter Communications (my ISP).

i get some amount of packet loss under 2%, but i will be trying to remedy that problem soon. even so, i wouldn't expect quite this level of interruption.

Riot needs to make test servers available for pinging in order for me to be more thorough. None of the IPs from the big list are available anymore: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...r-ip-addresses

This leads me to believe something changed in the big S3 updates with the networking and this has caused so many people to experience problems. else Charter has made a change that make it more difficult to pass packets.

im going to upgrade my home modem from docSIS 2 to 3 and see if this has any affect on packet loss.

Vallidus Rex

12-17-2012

I tried the switching server trick, switched to EU West then back to NA and it seemed to work much better, only one lag episode and that coulda been mi wifi... Not a fix, but maybe it'll help some...

Vallidus Rex

12-17-2012

Oh and literally at the "Play" screen switched to then back, didn't play a eu match or nuthin... Effin a riot, fix please...

Maelmorda

12-18-2012

Still getting connection error.

tried all the fixes riot has given, still nothing. Is this a problem on Riot's side maybe?

Hefty Sak

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefty Sak View Post
the issue exists for me as following:

i get no slowdown of FPS or Latency, but do get frequent stalls where none of my command inputs go in. however, the chat system does appear to function OK during this time. i still successfully speak to my teammates over ventrilo/skype.

i frequently get the 'disconnected - attempting to reconnect logo' as i watch the action happen around me but cannot respond.

when i pan across the screen, champion/minion HP bars disappear.

note: my latency maintains under 70ms and my FPS stays solid 60 during these pauses and disconnected.

i believe this is a networking problem either at LOL proper or some interaction between LOL and Charter Communications (my ISP).

i get some amount of packet loss under 2%, but i will be trying to remedy that problem soon. even so, i wouldn't expect quite this level of interruption.

Riot needs to make test servers available for pinging in order for me to be more thorough. None of the IPs from the big list are available anymore: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...r-ip-addresses

This leads me to believe something changed in the big S3 updates with the networking and this has caused so many people to experience problems. else Charter has made a change that make it more difficult to pass packets.

im going to upgrade my home modem from docSIS 2 to 3 and see if this has any affect on packet loss.
as a followup to my first post in this thread:

i went out and bought my new modem, but before i installed it i did a last ping test. AND... no more packet loss.

i'm pretty sure that this problem (for me) was an ISP related problem and that Charter (here in the midwest) solved their problems.

i no longer get packet loss and all my lag with LOL has ended.

to test your own packet loss:
Start Menu, type in "cmd" and open a command prompt.

type in the command: ping -t google.com

and let this run for a few hundred pings.
Press CTRL + C at any point to stop the test and it will summarize the data for you.

if you see 'request timed out' that means you are losing packets. if you are losing more than 1 packet in every hundred, you are having packet loss that will affect your gameplay. 2% or higher means you're going to have a bad time playing online games that require precision.

you can also do an easy mode test for packet loss here:
http://www.pingtest.net/

try nearby servers first and then try LA's (since LOL i think is based near there).
run it several times.

it'll help you determine if the problem is ping (measured in ms) or packet loss or 'jitter'.

for me, it was packet loss and once my ISP got their isht together and eliminated the bad packets, i was able to play LOL again without this hindrance.

2Lan

12-19-2012

I ve just updated the client (Vi the piltover update) and now im getting this error. Never happened before, even after other similar updates (zed, etc)..

I tried resyncing the clock but after typing the initial cmd i get the error "Access denied" and cannot start it.

Any help? i d really appreciate it.

Fbh91

12-20-2012

Just downloaded the latest patch and now I can't connect.

When I enter my username and my pass I get a "Login Error: The Server is currently Busy".
Then I clik Ok and I try again and I get "Login Error: Login Failed for an unknown reason".
And that's it, it alternates the error message but it never connects.

I get this kind of errors once in a while but after I retry a few times it connects. But after the latest patch I doesen't seem to work... I have been trying for about 20 minutes now