Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Connection Error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightStorM07

05-18-2012

hi nossaj i have a big problem with game..when my game just started i can play just 2-3 mins and i dced when reconnected again doing same thing every 2-3 mins i get dc until end of the game..pls help me..thanks a lot

DesertShaman

05-18-2012

Quote:
DesertShaman:
I can't login. I've done all that this post recommends:
- resync clock
- windows is up to date
- turned off firewall

Yesterday I got this Connection Error a few times, but eventually managed to log in. Although every game I joined, I got an error right before the loading screen came up. But then I'd click "Retry" and the loading screen would come up.

Today I tried to log in for about an hour. Did all I could find on the support pages, including uninstalling and re-installing the game. I eventually managed to log in (for no reason at all, I just kept trying and it connected), but I got the error before the loading screen and couldn't get in the game. I probably got reported, by the way, since I never showed up (the Connection Failure error stopped me from reconnecting).

I also tried, just for curiosity, to ping the domain mentioned on this post "beta.lol.riotgames.com" and I get no responses (Request timed out). Why can't I reach it? Is it still the same address?

Any one got a solution?

Me again.
So I gave up trying to login for a couple of days. When I tried again, I managed to connect, but I've been having lag spikes since then.

And today, the Conection Failure error is back. Hi, I missed you!
Well, I do. If I can't login at least I won't screw up someone else's game by getting disconnected and not being able to reconnect or getting terrible lag the whole game.
Also won't waste my own time.

Need to fix thiiiiis!

Forsaken Trump

05-23-2012

when i try to patch it went through then said there was an error and now its patching again but stops at 33% WTHHHHHH

hottstuff101

05-27-2012

I tried everything you said but it still wont connect me to the game. I don't know why its doing that, but is there anything else I can do?

ConDr

05-28-2012

if u got router u have to synchronise it too

Joeajon

05-29-2012

lol at fail programming

Psionicboom

05-30-2012

Im getting banned for my connection issues and I know for a fact that it is not my firewall. So there are some days where my lag get's so bad that it cuts me off from the game, i cannot help this, i feel you should develop some way of being able to tell the difference in someone physicallly quitting in a match and a connection failure, i feel that i have done nothing wrong and that i should'nt be banned as much as i am for my connection problems.

Droselia

05-30-2012

I have same problem of DesertShaman, what to do?

Geodripp

05-31-2012

Quote:
Psionicboom:
Im getting banned for my connection issues and I know for a fact that it is not my firewall. So there are some days where my lag get's so bad that it cuts me off from the game, i cannot help this, i feel you should develop some way of being able to tell the difference in someone physicallly quitting in a match and a connection failure, i feel that i have done nothing wrong and that i should'nt be banned as much as i am for my connection problems.

You should not put yourself into a competitive player vs player team based game if you know your internet can not support your activity.

Your not only losing out on your own game time when you disconnect, you are also condemning your teammates to a game that will most likely end in a very one-sided battle.

I don't, in any way, mean to say I represent Riots view on disconnect bans/punishments but I think the system is there for a reason. If you can't dedicate 20-50 minutes of uninterrupted time to a team then you had better stick to PvE games.

Qc Moi

05-31-2012

Could i get help because i started a game and something laged so i disconnected and reconnect before the champion's summoning when i tried to reconnect it said the same thing that you posted connection error and now i am banned until the 7th of june for leaving but could i get unbanned because i wasn't informed of the lag before the game so please help me.