Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Connection Error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

harrysoung

05-03-2012

Quote:
night13:
having the same problem as the people above. It constantly tells me i have a firewall problem and then i have to keep reconnection through the solutions folder. i get about 3 disconnects per game.

only 3??? You're the luckiest out of everybody here

Blazingdragoon

05-06-2012

Quote:
Aystrum:
1st game of 4/29/12 at 9:00AM today. I had chronic problems of disconnection and the game was severely unstable for me. It was the first instance of this... EVER of this problem in my last 6 months of playing League, which was always fairly stable.

My problem was where I would disconnect and the "Would you like to reconnect?" box will pop up, but it would never work. So I would either have to click "cancel" and reconnect back through the summoner page or reconnect by re-logging my account. I would disconnect RIGHT AFTER reconnecting, or I would disconnect ~3 minutes right after reconnecting. This happened to me 7 times in the length of that 30 minute game before we surrendered. I apologized to my team for the uncalled for event that took place in that game where I was basically gone for 90% of the game. I believe I haven't raged this hard about a connection until today, but luckily and surprisingly I was able to calm down once the game finished...

It's highly likely that the source of my problem was more due to the "connection" towards RIOT rather than my laptop because I've done nothing to trigger such events in the past 24 hours in which I've already played League yesterday on this exact connection with my exact settings without any problem. I'm about to try out another game in hopes of this not to occur a second time so that I can fully legitimize my problem, but if anyone else is having this exact problem then I believe this case will be worth looking into.

EDIT: I have confirmed that my problem is legitimate. My 2nd game (Bot game this time so that I don't ruin a normal queue) had the exact same problem.

NOTE: I have absolutely NO LAG during my games, this is a straight up DC problem.

Thank you for your time and effort,
Aystrum

I have this exact same problem, and yet I have found no helpful solution out there. Even reinstalling the entire game does not fix the problem. Glad to see that there are people out there with the same issue, but it is extremely frustrating that no Red's have stepped in with solutions to the problem, nor can anyone else think of a way to fix it.

WhatDoesntFoxSay

05-06-2012

My problem is very similar (but worse).

I was playing an ARAB, like have been for the last few days when suddenly for the first time ever I had a lag spike that didn't produce a reconnect option in-game. It's hard for me to remember the details, b/c I was finishing dying as the spike occurred and my screen was going to grey. I remember seeing my teammates jumping around and then I waited for the in-game "reconnect" option to show up. I watched my re-spawn timer count down and then I didn't resurrect. People had stopped moving I think. I alt-tabbed and my internet was working fine for web browsing/downloading. I either exited the game or it finally crashed out (I don't remember). This produced a reconnect button in the launcher. So I tried that... and tried it again...

Each time It would produce the "League of Legends" Logo in the center screen (as usual) but then not produce the character loading screen, but rather an error saying:

Title: "Failed to Connect"
Text: "Unable to connect to the server. If you have a firewall, it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to you firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection"
Options: "Retry", "Cancel"

From that moment since, I have been unable to get to the character loading screen (instead receiving the above error).

The only exception I found so far is if I watch a featured game (which works fine)

EDIT: My problem seems to be specific to my campus (I'll check with my friends who play this game later to see if they have the same problem).

As a Computer Science major in his 4th year this makes absolutely no since to me, but I found the problem to be related to my wired connection.

If I connect to my colleges wireless router, as opposed to the wired connection then games load properly. This isn't a preferred fix, since wireless is generally slower/less reliable.

Vent: Who changes router configuration over the weekend in the middle of the day? and why wasn't there any notification of this?

Conclusion: It seems something suddenly changed on the wired connection between my PC and it where it joins with the wireless connection before getting sent over fiber off into the internet.

DesertShaman

05-11-2012

I can't login. I've done all that this post recommends:
- resync clock
- windows is up to date
- turned off firewall

Yesterday I got this Connection Error a few times, but eventually managed to log in. Although every game I joined, I got an error right before the loading screen came up. But then I'd click "Retry" and the loading screen would come up.

Today I tried to log in for about an hour. Did all I could find on the support pages, including uninstalling and re-installing the game. I eventually managed to log in (for no reason at all, I just kept trying and it connected), but I got the error before the loading screen and couldn't get in the game. I probably got reported, by the way, since I never showed up (the Connection Failure error stopped me from reconnecting).

I also tried, just for curiosity, to ping the domain mentioned on this post "beta.lol.riotgames.com" and I get no responses (Request timed out). Why can't I reach it? Is it still the same address?

Any one got a solution?

Lightsotrippy

05-12-2012

Quote:
DesertShaman:
I can't login. I've done all that this post recommends:
- resync clock
- windows is up to date
- turned off firewall

Yesterday I got this Connection Error a few times, but eventually managed to log in. Although every game I joined, I got an error right before the loading screen came up. But then I'd click "Retry" and the loading screen would come up.

Today I tried to log in for about an hour. Did all I could find on the support pages, including uninstalling and re-installing the game. I eventually managed to log in (for no reason at all, I just kept trying and it connected), but I got the error before the loading screen and couldn't get in the game. I probably got reported, by the way, since I never showed up (the Connection Failure error stopped me from reconnecting).

I also tried, just for curiosity, to ping the domain mentioned on this post "beta.lol.riotgames.com" and I get no responses (Request timed out). Why can't I reach it? Is it still the same address?

Any one got a solution?

I have like the same exact problem... this began a couple of days ago for me... never before...
Still trying to log in... wasn't successful yet...
I'm sure Riot is working hard to resolve this issue... we'll all just have to wait and see...

But I miss playing :'(

zazoom

05-12-2012

been disconnecting from games every 3 minutes for about 2 weeks now and no one from riot is responding to posts about disconnection issues...my guess is the riot team is DEAD?!

Sidewindër

05-12-2012

Still getting the firewall error each time I try and enter a game. no firewall is on. any help?

AkiraPrime

05-14-2012

Quote:
zazoom:
been disconnecting from games every 3 minutes for about 2 weeks now and no one from riot is responding to posts about disconnection issues...my guess is the riot team is DEAD?!

I am having the exact same problem! Its been going on for like 5 days for me. HELP!

Mugshots

05-15-2012

I'm disconnecting every 3 seconds also. It just started happening Sunday night/Early Monday morning. It makes the game unplayable and I'm probably going to get banned soon for so many "leaves".

KatsuKarei

05-17-2012

Playing ARAB, all of a sudden DC and internet crashed. First time happening

Any help Riot?