Connection Error

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unskilled Poro

04-28-2012

i play a game and 2 minutes in my champ stops moving and i disconnect. When i try to reconnect i start lagging in like 30 secs. i tried everything even reinstalling it but nothing works. plz help

Meoweoweow

04-28-2012

Hey Riot, i was playing earlier today and found it was working. But now it seems that everytime i try to log in it says "The server is currently busy. Please try again later" then when i try later on it says "Login failed for an unknown reason. Please visit http://support.leagueoflegends.com for more information."

Do i have to reinstall or can this be fixed?

I've tried everything you have recommended and it hasn't worked.

Tsunashi Takuto

04-29-2012

1st game of 4/29/12 at 9:00AM today. I had chronic problems of disconnection and the game was severely unstable for me. It was the first instance of this... EVER of this problem in my last 6 months of playing League, which was always fairly stable.

My problem was where I would disconnect and the "Would you like to reconnect?" box will pop up, but it would never work. So I would either have to click "cancel" and reconnect back through the summoner page or reconnect by re-logging my account. I would disconnect RIGHT AFTER reconnecting, or I would disconnect ~3 minutes right after reconnecting. This happened to me 7 times in the length of that 30 minute game before we surrendered. I apologized to my team for the uncalled for event that took place in that game where I was basically gone for 90% of the game. I believe I haven't raged this hard about a connection until today, but luckily and surprisingly I was able to calm down once the game finished...

It's highly likely that the source of my problem was more due to the "connection" towards RIOT rather than my laptop because I've done nothing to trigger such events in the past 24 hours in which I've already played League yesterday on this exact connection with my exact settings without any problem. I'm about to try out another game in hopes of this not to occur a second time so that I can fully legitimize my problem, but if anyone else is having this exact problem then I believe this case will be worth looking into.

EDIT: I have confirmed that my problem is legitimate. My 2nd game (Bot game this time so that I don't ruin a normal queue) had the exact same problem.

NOTE: I have absolutely NO LAG during my games, this is a straight up DC problem.

Thank you for your time and effort,
Aystrum

Death Lurks

04-29-2012

Yeah this is stupid. I've heard Ive been reported 4 different times because of Riots **** up. I have invested real money into this game and if i am banned due to this expect a law suit coming your way riot.

MaxDestructus

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meoweoweow View Post
Hey Riot, i was playing earlier today and found it was working. But now it seems that everytime i try to log in it says "The server is currently busy. Please try again later" then when i try later on it says "Login failed for an unknown reason. Please visit http://support.leagueoflegends.com for more information."
^^^ Exactly same problem after being disconnected just as I started a new game, and then trying to reconnect about 8 times. A couple of times it did actually manage to log me in, but then the game quits as soon as it loads, or no 'reconnect' button. Started playing a few weeks ago and besides regular 'server is busy' message never had any problems - this is the first time it happened ever. Now I got a penalty?

The penalty system in this game is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen - no appeal process of any sort, no logging to determine the circumstance; the player's behavior in previous games is obviously not taken into consideration. Looks like this "system" is just a couple of lines of code written by a two year-old. I may play this game while it's free, but no way am I gonna risk putting any money on it in its current state.

Edit: don't get me wrong, I think it's an awesome game, I just think it's a shame it should be ruined by an untrustworthy account management system. And I don't consider my account to be safe enough for the moment to put too much trust in it.

Canc3rMan

05-01-2012

Since the new update i can log in with my account. I tried everything but still the same problen. Any1 know what to do? please!

Momochiz

05-01-2012

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...onnection.jpg/

Keep getting this and i've tried several acc's even my friends and nothing works i did all the things you said to do and still nothing now i have to uninstall it and reinstall the game

After i reinstalled the game loaded perfectly fine

Swiftfire51

05-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canc3rMan View Post
Since the new update i can log in with my account. I tried everything but still the same problen. Any1 know what to do? please!
I can't login either. My computer is updated and the windows clock synced. I don't want to reinstall the game :/ We need a hotfix.

TheGleamEyez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2012

after the latest update, my game has been "glitching" or so to speak; i can search for matches and when i find one it will go to the loading screen but then it just vanishes, i have to restart the game and reconnect but this cost me at least two to three minutes of the game and i miss first blood and stuff like that. another problem is that when i reconnect i will be disconnected, i can reconnect within five seconds, but it usually happens three to five times in every match since i got the patch. This is really messing me up early game and if there is a way to fix this please help and thank you.

btw i have not changed my internet in anyway before or after the patch if someone thinks that my internet may be the problem.

Leo Lira

05-01-2012

I have just updated the game with the latest update and now, when I open the game, I keep getting this message:

"There was an error connecting with Maestro. League of Legends will now exit. Please try restarting the client."