Connection Error

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sane Malk

08-24-2011

Downloaded patch. Logged in to start a match. Got a message in champion select about not being able to connect to PVP.net server. Had a random champion assigned to me and got stuck at the champion select screen. Checked firewall and it was off, got a message trying to sync clock like it didn't work. Closed the LOL client in task manager. Restarted LOL and I was told I was currently in a match. Was able to connect to the match just as my team surrendered at the 20 minute mark.

After the match I'm back at the main LOL screen, got the unable to connect to PVP.net server message again. This just seems buggy as hell.

Druid Draknos

08-24-2011

gotta love **** programmers

Idomis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

Every time I close the client, I get the big error message unless I repair my installation.

Edit: Update: I updated my Avast virus definitions and I was magically able to log in. I employ almost all of Avast's real time shields, but none of them reported blocking my connection to PvP.net or anything.

TheeVang

08-24-2011

@Riot so what you are saying is that if we wireless connection users try to play LoL we will not be able to log in?!?!

Carlongski Oppa

08-24-2011

I got suspended for losing connection please help name: Carlongski what will I do

Rkt Jso mk IV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2011

First off: Since when is disabling your firewall a good idea? Why don't I just hand you my credit card, banking, and personal information right off the bat?

Second: This is why people hate PC gaming. I have to do the work on my own to figure out Windows' strange new gobbledee**** settings on Windows Firewall? I could probably do it when I had XP, but now it's all: "What does this knob do?" and "Is the red button red-colored to mean: go-ahead-and-press-it?"

Third: My error message may be irresolvable (power outage mid-download = bad, I guess). Redownloading the whole client is a pain in the ass, and I don't see why I should do that when I assumed the reason Riot created a patcher was to sort out botched installs. Now I just see it more and more as a resource hog. What purpose does it serve?

/Vocal Minority Rant.

Sometimes you guys are good, I'll give ya that.

killaboter

08-25-2011

i have read a lot of post did everything from
turning off firewall
port forwarding
time sync
and still no avail.
i tried to uninstall and reinstall. i tried the repair and still wont work.
now im sending a report i made so you guys can tell me what is wrong.
i tried to fix it myself but i just dont know what to do next.

thank you.

here is a netalyzr report i just got.
http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...0481-40e1-b312

nsnake62

08-25-2011

yeah so i tried to update it and it finnished updating then it glitches and starts updating againt but the time of completing is negative and then goes away then comes back and it doesnt move at all i cant get into the game at all i dont know what the problem is please help

Begthemoney

08-25-2011

every time i try to start the game it says PVP.net patcher kernal has stopeed working this is after i reinstalled before i reinstalled i would get to the first screen press play and nothing would happen and every subsequent time i tried opening it it said that it was running in another instance please fix this or tell me how this could be fixed

smacpl

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate America View Post
Doing this worked for me:

Syncing the Clock in Windows
Syncing your clock will enable us to authenticate with your system and log-in servers.
Press [Windows Key] + R
Type cmd
Press Ok
Type net start w32time
This will start the time sync service if it is currently not active
Press Enter
Type w32tm /resync
This will resync your clock. If it fails you may manually have to set your time AND date.
Press Enter

*Note* The last step gave me an error, but when I next tried to log in I didn't have this connection error.
been there done that. get the same error but no connection to pvp....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeVang View Post
@Riot so what you are saying is that if we wireless connection users try to play LoL we will not be able to log in?!?!
well i just tried of my windows xp machine, wireless and hardwired to modem..... guess what still same problem........

i did the same on my vista machine and no problem of connecting to pvp wireless or hardwired.

i remember once i had a problem with WC3 and not being to host or join games. There was some Windows XP Services that blocked the game from hosting or joining. Im checking to see if i can find the same tutorial on how to edit those services and see if this will help for a solution to windows xp problems here......