@Riot Come Dominion, how will you manage to balance all three maps?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyr

08-08-2011

Because from the current state, you guys balance by basis of Summoners Rift and don't actually give much attention to the state of Twisted Treeline. Is this going to be the same case in Dominion? Or will you attempt to make balance changes based on Dominion status as well as Summoners Rift.

Just been bugging me for a little. :S

Cyr

08-08-2011

Bump

R3d3mp

08-08-2011

in g4 interview they said dominion isn't going to have "problematic items"

Cyr

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3d3mp View Post
in g4 interview they said dominion isn't going to have "problematic items"
I understand that but I'm more concerned about champion balancing none-the-less.

Yogtheterrible

08-08-2011

They wont. They'll balance for SR and if that doesn't work well for the others...oh well.

Cyr

08-08-2011

That really sucks, like, I love TT, but it never seemed all too good because the balance changes to SR never helped the gameplay over there. I'd really hate for the same in Dominion.

Nephwrack

08-08-2011

It sounds like Dominion WILL be balanced - but by items, rather than champion changes. Summoner's Rift (supposedly) will continue to be the standard for champion changes, but Dominion's items will (in theory) balance it enough without changing champs.

We'll have to see if Riot can actually pull that off. I, for one, welcome our new 15min infedge+last whisper overlords.

MajorBlind

08-08-2011

How can you say they never really balanced a champion for TT when Mundo was nerfed into the ground because he was a pubstomper in that map?

Cyr

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorBlind View Post
How can you say they never really balanced a champion for TT when Mundo was nerfed into the ground because he was a pubstomper in that map?
Because it was admitted in a thread a loooooong time ago. Oh, and if i'm not wrong he was not nerfed for TT, he was nerfed because of early HP and lane sustain early game. Remember the Dorans, HP Quints and Base HP of many bruisers patch notes? Yeah. That's why.

Cyr

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephwrack View Post
It sounds like Dominion WILL be balanced - but by items, rather than champion changes. Summoner's Rift (supposedly) will continue to be the standard for champion changes, but Dominion's items will (in theory) balance it enough without changing champs.

We'll have to see if Riot can actually pull that off. I, for one, welcome our new 15min infedge+last whisper overlords.
i welcome the map with open arms, but if Riot can actually pull off balancing by items, then...

well...

mind = blown.