Trundle..or more specifically..Junglers in Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Retro42

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Clearly you've never played Lane Udyr, sir!

Trundle is an exceptional duelist. He takes damage, armor, mr, and health from individual targets and buffs himself. He's quite a strong fighter.

Some people have been running Trundle solo top in SR. It's pretty strong.
Shhhhhhhhhhhh

Zerdo

08-08-2011

I hate this notion that "junglers" are only good at jungling.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

08-08-2011

I think people need to remember that Dominion will also have different items as well. While I'm sure Trundle will be not only just fine, but powerful in Dominion (his battlefield-control and fighting power shouldn't be underestimated), there may be items that Trundle can buy that can help him out with the switch to Dominion.

Unclephillip

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestower View Post
So if Jungling in Dominion isn't viable then where does Trundle stand on this map?

From what I've seen the map seems to be very...spacious. And Trundles pillar is most effective in choke points. I have to ask Riot how they're going to balance junglers and champions that rely on choke points?
I lane as Trundle

Trundle is an amazing laner, he'll be fine.

AbsolutionJailor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2011

Every jungler seems to have a very valid place on Dominion because of their abilities.

Shaco's boxes will be a great way to defend nodes (fear will break the control channel and show vision)
Nocturne has a long-range gap closer to stop this new brand of backdooring
Udyr has turtle stance for mana, and the bonus gold could get you close to an early Sheen
Trundle sucks, nO one Plays him now, no one will play him then
Warwick has success as Lanewick
Lee Sin, the Blind Monk is a great laner and the idea of standing still to take a point just screams "Q"
Shen's ultimate will help now more than ever, and taunting an entire line of enemies off of your point
Nunu has great mobility, and starting at level 3 means he can't be harassed back for leveling the wrong skill
Jarvan IV was already a good laner

Seriously. That bonus gold will let you invest in whatever item will correct the inherent weakness of your champion. Singed starting with Boots of Swiftness sounds like an easy first blood. Support could start with their Philo+Boots+Pots.

Not to mention, junglers typically last hit well and the minions seem to give a lot of gold. . .

I say don't worry until it launches. Riot has spent a long time testing this mode, and if they're convinced a few Dominion-only items can make everyone viable, then I am too. Until we prove them right/wrong with experience, this is all just fear of falling skies.

BrotherCaine

08-08-2011

Didn't they say there would also be 'Quests?' That would be an opportunity for Riot to engage junglers.

Pig Magus

08-08-2011

I feel that good junglers have good mobility and ganking potential. That would carry over into capturing and defending nodes.

The only champs I feel that are going to be a little weak are Cho and Nunu as they won't be able to nom on neutral mobs.

Fatwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Clearly you've never played Lane Udyr, sir!

Trundle is an exceptional duelist. He takes damage, armor, mr, and health from individual targets and buffs himself. He's quite a strong fighter.

Some people have been running Trundle solo top in SR. It's pretty strong.
What's hilarious to me is that for quite awhile, the community would immediately queue dodge if you said either Lane Udyr or Lane Trundle. "NO, ur a jung, u r jung!". With SR specifically, I've always felt that having a jungle-capable laner is equally as helpful if you have another jungler on your team. If you know the enemy jungle is off ganking, you can easily sweep in with your lane jungler and clear out any leftovers, or jack a dragon, whilst your own jungler is busy doing other things.

Squishy O

08-09-2011

Trundle is a very powerful 1on1 / Teamfighter in my opinion.

Gandalph

08-09-2011

I'm not worried so much about junglers here, but about champs that have a good laning phase and a weak late game. Since Dominion seems to be League of Legends: Carryfest due to everyone getting 10-20 minute Infinity Edge as stated in the official video, I'm somewhat worried that every game is going to be 4 carries and Taric/Soraka/Sona vs. 4 carries and Taric/Soraka/Sona, kind of like TT became nothing but 3 tanky DPS vs. 3 tanky DPS. With no laning phase during which to destroy opponents and become big, champs like Zilean will be very out of place, as they don't have mush to bring to the table in the late game except the occasional ulti.