[Guide] Morgana Le, Fallen Support Angel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayleid

09-05-2009

Morgana, Fallen Angel

A hero that quickly became one of my bored-medicine heroes. In my opinion, the fun in playing Morgana never stops, especially if you play her as a Support/Mage champion.

Oh and please excuse my English as this is my secondary language. I speak Filipino.

Quote:
Glossary
DB- Dark Binding
TS- Tormented Soil
BS- Black Shield
SS- Soul Shackles
Early Game- Levels 1-9
Mid Game- Levels 10-14
Late Game- Levels 15-18

-------------------------------------------------
-Overview-
Attributes: Pusher, Stun, Support, Farmer, Ranged, Mage, Snare
Health: Average [55%-65%]
Attack: Weak [15%-25%]
Spell: Strong [75%-85%]
Difficulty: Average [40%-50%]
-Abilities-
Dark Binding[Q]
Morgana releases dark magic, which will damage and prevent the movement of any enemy it strkes.

Comments: This is what defines Morgana. DB is probably one of the best skillshots/snares in the game. Sadly, for this skill to be the best in the game, you have to be the best in skillshooting. :P

Tormented Soil[W]
Infects an area with desecrated soil, causing enemy units who stand on it to be damaged over time.

Comments: Not one of the best skills for Morgana, as it's AoE is quite small and it lacks a slow. You shouldn't be wasting time slapping TS onto a snared opponent because you're wasting precious moments for your ulti. Obviously, this should be used for farming and pushing but since the mana cost is quite demanding since you'll be using it in every creep wave, take it last after all your skills are maximized.

Black Shield[E]
Absorbs all incoming magical damage for target unit, until the shield's health has been reached. Removes debuffs when cast and prevents debuffs while active.

Comments: This skill screams support. This skill makes Mages cry because of its Immovable Object-like qualities. Although, be careful for this only lasts 4 seconds, if i'm not mistaken. Use this skill in conjunction with your ulti so snares and stuns won't do anything to you.

Soul Shackles[R]
Latches chains of energy onto nearby enemy champions, dealing initial damage to them and slowing their move speed by 30%, and then echoing the pain for 4 seconds later and stunning them if they remain too close to Morgana Le.

Comments: This skill can be used in early game to gank heroes since everyone still has low health. Mid-game to late-game however gets weaker and should only be used in team clashes to turn the tide or for a sure kill. Make sure you won't use it for kill stealing though!

Skill Build:

Get DB at level 1 then alternate between DB and BS. Always learn SS when you can. Get TS after DB and BS are level 5.

-Item Build-
[PLACEHOLDER]Follow the Recommended Items. Just make sure you get boots.

Starting: I get Doran's Shield and one Mana Potion then follow the Recommended Items build. Sell Doran's shield during Mid Game.

-Lanes-

When using Morgana, I HIGHLY recommend that you go with a partner to easily rack up kills for you or your partner. After all, assists also give money.

If you are forced to solo, however, you should be aware of your enemy and always try to snare him if he gets too close to the tower for an easy kill.

-Team Clashes-

Never charge in first as Morgana because the other team will focus you and your SS shall go to waste. I recommend charging in at the middle of the fight as an anti-clash so that the opposing team probably won't notice they got shackles hooked to their faces and when they do get stunned, the tides should turn and they will be forced to run away.
-Summoner Spells-

I recommend getting Flash for Morgana because it easily synergizes with SS. For the second spell, you can choose whatever spell you like. I tend to choose Teleport to easily help in pushing and in ganking.
-Masteries-

Offense:
Archmage's Savvy- 3/3
Deadliness- 1/3 [Fill up the remaining points after you get Archaic Knowledge.]
Sorcery- 4/4
Archaic Knowledge- 1/1

After that, you could spec on any other tree or you could go futher down the Offense tree if you feel like it.
-Outro-

Hopefully, this should stimulate your hunger for using Morgana and help you if you are a struggling Morgana user. :]

-Ayl

HowlingKommando

09-06-2009

I use to max Dark Binding first, but now I do so last. This is because the stun length is only increased by 0.25 each point. This is not worth it.

Instead, you want to max Spell Shield first and alternate with Tormented Soil while picking up the Ultimate along the way.

Masteries, I agree that you want the Archaic Knowledge and Sorcery, with the rest in Defense. So a 9/21/0 build.

SHJordan

09-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlingKommando View Post
I use to max Dark Binding first, but now I do so last. This is because the stun length is only increased by 0.25 each point. This is not worth it.

Instead, you want to max Spell Shield first and alternate with Tormented Soil while picking up the Ultimate along the way.

Masteries, I agree that you want the Archaic Knowledge and Sorcery, with the rest in Defense. So a 9/21/0 build.

Agreed in that, but... what runes should I pick up on my runebook?

Tormented Soil tottaly pushes mages... i mean... on lvl 5 is like certain kill on those creeps...

HowlingKommando

09-06-2009

I personally focus on Defense with the runes. Armor, Regens, etc.

SHJordan

09-06-2009

Could you name them?

Evernight

09-08-2009

I absolutely love Morgana... fav. hero ATM. One thing I must say about your skill build is that maxing black shield is unimportant to begin. It blocks 200 (increasing) + 100% of your AP in dmg.... but it only lasts 4/5/6/7/8 seconds

Not many heroes or pairs of heroes can do a ton of spell dmg in 4 - 8 seconds so level 1 or 2 of black shield is really all you need. Also, don't forget that you get better AP scales with DB with more levels - it can easily do 1000+ dmg over its 4 seconds. Also, most of the time you are going to need a helper DPS to make a tank kill so the longer you can lockdown for them the better.

My items are usually
Doran Ring + Health Pot
Sorc. Boot or Swift boot
Melaj's Soulstealer
Rod of Ages
Soul-shroud - for the health and -CD
Then either abyssmal scepter or The Crown thing that gives 100 + 25% AP

Stumpster

Adjudicator

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evernight View Post
I absolutely love Morgana... fav. hero ATM. One thing I must say about your skill build is that maxing black shield is unimportant to begin. It blocks 200 (increasing) + 100% of your AP in dmg.... BUT ONLY LASTS 5 Sec! across all levels.
No. Black Shield's length levels as you invest points into it. It lasts 4/5/6/7/8 seconds.

Evernight

09-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpster View Post
No. Black Shield's length levels as you invest points into it. It lasts 4/5/6/7/8 seconds.

Whoops... I will edit. I guess I thought I always saw 5 seconds... I will have to investigate.

Thanks tho... I look like a ****** now... my own fault.

I still stand by lvl 1 or 2 BS until late because your AP will scale it quite nicely and DB is too good to pass up.

Meikat

09-09-2009

Something that has been working really well for me lately is getting the pendant (cant remember the name) that gives you +5g per 5 seconds asap. I buy the health regen part of it first, and solo a lane normally against two heroes. The health regen along with the regen from my aoe doing damage allows me to harass the other heroes really well. Normally I have two kills by level 4-5. Because I reserve my mana for pinning someone in an aoe, or near one of my turrets, I don't push hard with AOE farming until level 6 when I get the ult. Up until that point I do w, q, w, e, w, r. After that point, I tend to change things up depending on the round. I start hopping lanes around 10, and because I'm ganking people I tend to get money very very fast. I typically have the Archangels staff, and sorc boots, and possibly on my way to another item by lvl 13-15. I get the golem buff somewhere around that time if I can break from my lane for the 30-45 seconds i need to kill it. Then I really start wandering and supporting ganks, but a lot of the time, I find myself getting the kill. Lately depending on if the other team is mostly casters or melee, I tend to vary between 15-20 kills per round to 5-8 kills with 15+ assists. I think the key to morgana is to not get stuck in a support role unless you know you have a team that can utilize it. Most games I play, I am 3-4 levels ahead of everyone else, maybe there will be 1 person close to me, but I'm always the first to hit 18.

For runes, I stack lots of HP. it really does help morgana have staying power, and I went 9-0-21.

I've played a few of the heroes, but I knew before I even got in the beta that Morgana would likely be my main hero. She is extremely fun to play, and I can't find someone else that fits my kiting/baiting playstyle better.

My typical item set at 18 endgame
Pendant that gives you money (sometimes i sell and buy something else
Archangel's Staff
Sorc. Boot or Swift boot
Melaj's Soulstealer
Rod of Ages or The ring that gives you +25% ability power. (starts with a Z)

Endgame I have had up to 602 ability power and over 3k hp (reaaally long game). At that point I could kill a caster with just one combo of root/aoe, and most melee I can kill with one combo, and my ult.