New Player : Cho'gath or Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nukron

05-05-2010

I'm playing with friend, so i want to know who from that two heroes will be better at laning with Shaco, cuz my friend plays him.

TheOneTrueAustin

05-05-2010

They're both good characters. I think that Cho'gath is a little harder to use because you have to be able to aim his abilities. For that reason you might want to go with Jax. Cho'gath is really fun once you get used to him though.

Crappo

05-05-2010

Assuming that you CAN hit with chogath's abilities, Chogath is a better laning partner for shaco than jax.

As chogath, you can really set shaco up for some good early kills. As jax, the early game isn't a terribly strong phase.

Gunflame

05-06-2010

Chogath requires:
- Careful Aim
- Prediction Skills
- Balance between Tankish and AP items
- Not dying (so you can stack your Feast and use your 7th feast for DPSing).

Jax requires:
- Right click

Summary: Chogath rocks, but if he is really new to the game he will be in for a big challenge. Also Chogath costs 6000 IP... so if he gets used to Chogath it will be a while before he can buy it.

CruelOne

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
Also Chogath costs 6000 IP... so if he gets used to Chogath it will be a while before he can buy it.
Nah, he's 3150 IP. Plus he is free this week so now is your chance to try him out.

But to OP, read the MFing Chogath thread by Condon if Shaco is going AP, this way you can support him by being the tank that you need to be.

Whom

05-06-2010

I started out with Cho as my first main champ, but I think he's bad for a beginner. There's a skillshot, plus you need good survival instincts to keep those feed stacks. I think that combination makes him a bad choice as a beginner champ.

I immediately started doing better when I switched to Jax. Just remember to play really defensively early game and last hit as much as you can. If you gain a level advantage, you can start getting double and triple kills at lvl 11 as long as you at least have ninja tabi, rageblade, and some lifesteal (slow helps too).

But Jax needs to do pretty well early game or else he doesn't reach godmode in time to really own, and early game is hard for Jax (at least at my skill level, which isn't that high). I still die a lot as Jax, so I switched again to Trist as my main and I do much better. She's good for learning those survival skills, and she has a much better early game. Also, even though she's squishy she's good at keeping enemies away and her ult can save teammates, so she could be a good alternative lanemate as a beginner. Also, you get her and a skin for free if you become a facebook fan of LoL (which I wish I knew before I bought her, lawlz). If not, though, I'd go with Jax, he's awesome.

BothAxis

02-23-2014

Jax is the Baws