"Hey look it's Command and Conquer 4!"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alpha Q23

08-08-2011

^ that too

panther child

08-08-2011

I loved Day of Defeat. There are lots of capture and hold games. LoL will be another, if it is popular on LoL than im sure *** and all other MOBA games will have it.

delima05

08-08-2011

They arent saying they are the first to do capture + defend, they are saying they r the first to do it , in a MOBA GAME... wow heres a load of idiots.

7se7en

08-09-2011

Red Alert 2 was the best game of all time

AshenSky

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7se7 View Post
Red Alert 2 was the best game of all time
I'm sorry 7se7 but Tiberian Sun was the best command and conquer game of all time. OF ALL TIME!

SilverGuard

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkGibberish View Post
I played TF2, and thought "pffff I played capture the flag in oldschool Tribes... obviously this game is gunna suck"
omg you played tribes? that game is really old school, i think it came out just after the first gameboy color, no lie, but it was fun except for the gaphics if your picky about that kind of stuff

Zileas

VP of Game Design

08-09-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Sure, capture and hold has been done in a lot of games. It has not been done particularly effectively in a MOBA yet, which we will be remedying. I also think that Dominion is a lot more fun than many of the mainstream cap and hold maps in other genres. MOBA is well suited for it.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2011

Except that Command & Conquer 4 was an unmitigated disaster for EA, the fans, and the entire C&C franchise. I know the devs really worked hard on that game, I've talked to a couple of the people that did, but EA's colossal mismanagement of C&C came to a head in that cesspool of fail.

<--Played C&C since C&C 95.

Confusion567

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Sure, capture and hold has been done in a lot of games. It has not been done particularly effectively in a MOBA yet, which we will be remedying. I also think that Dominion is a lot more fun than many of the mainstream cap and hold maps in other genres. MOBA is well suited for it.
It feels like you're really inspired by Team Fortress 2 for this mode; both games are "team based, objective based games with a variety of characters and roles in which death is a minor setback compared to completing objectives." The differences abound, obviously, especially in Summoner's Rift, but a good game of TF2 has the fast-paced massacre action moving toward a goal that it sounds like you've achieved in Dominion.

So excited =D

Dance Dark

08-09-2011

Pretty much it was like getting two already established things and mixing them together to create something awesome. Sure, MOBAs and capture and holds have been used often, but for some reason no one was smart enough to combine the two until now.