Is olaf Jungle worst my time?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poitras

08-08-2011

Hey guys, I want to choose a jungle caracter that I can carry with,
was thinking about Olaf but its seem that there's not alot of them lately.
Why so, and should I spend hour praticing im?
Thanks and sorry for my french.

Autocthon

08-08-2011

He's a little subpar. Still an amazing carry IIRC just outdone by other junglers.

I intend to learn him, but Tryn seems to be a better jungle choice (and a better laning option too) at the moment. If Nasus buffs are good he may be a good soft carry jungler.

youre a gay fish

08-08-2011

he is definitely a really fun champion, his early and mid game aren't too strong, but his late game is RIDICULOUS with a little feed, he is kind of a high risk high reward jungler i would definitely buy him, if you're new to jungling however i would go with warwick as he is really easy to jungle or udyr as he is just an all around badass.

yourdonegameover

08-08-2011

the only good jungle champions you can really be a "carry" with is fiddle, or gp the others arn't really "carries"

Autocthon

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nr1stunna View Post
the only good jungle champions you can really be a "carry" with is fiddle, or gp the others arn't really "carries"
Olaf and Tryn are both junglers. And they're both carries.

Of course nether are on par with GP.

yourdonegameover

08-08-2011

Olaf is not a carry, hes tanky dps, trynd is not a carry, hes an anti carry... much like poppy or nocturne....

Autocthon

08-08-2011

Carries are core attackers who can put out constant DPS.

Both Olaf and Tryndamere have EVERYTHING required to fulfill that role as a melee.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nr1stunna View Post
Olaf is not a carry, hes tanky dps, trynd is not a carry, hes an anti carry... much like poppy or nocturne....
Um...no.
Olaf is a tanky DPS carry. Nocturne is a carry as well.
Poppy is an anti-carry since she is exceptionally good against squishy champions and more lacking versus tankier champions, while it isn't the same for the other two.

Back on topic. If it was a matter of choice and preference, I would definitely play Olaf. So I'll play him in normal games. But if it was a matter of effectiveness, I would consider a ton of other junglers before I consider Olaf.
He is such a niche champion where everything has to align perfectly for you to be effective that it is better to play other champions 9/10 times.

yourdonegameover

08-08-2011

You guys are ******ed, and have no idea the difference between tanky dps, carry, and assassin LOL stupid people are so funny. tanky dps is a champ that is tanky but can still put out pretty good dps I.E. Jarvan, or Olaf. Carries are squishy champinons that deal amazing damage but get shutdown easily I.E. Caitlyn, MF. Anti Carries or assassins are champions with the ability to hop on an enemy carry and be able to shut him down without much interference I.E. Nocturne with his ult + spell sheild, Poppy with her ult, trynd with his ult. You my good sir are ******ed.... thanks for helping lose my faith in forum people once again.

youre a gay fish

08-08-2011

trynd is definitely a carry, i dont know if youve faced one of these at minute 30 with a ******ed CS of like 300, it sounds a little something like ACED. of course if u let the carry free farm you pretty much deserve to lose.