Kassadin suggestions for improving

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CannonFodderTed

08-08-2011

Kassadin is a very cool champion but slightly under powered. He is one champion that is very rarely played because their are simply better options. He is unique in that he is a melee that is also a caster and he pulls this hybrid role off by having a low cooldown flash-like ability allowing him to get in and out of fights easily.

One issue that I see with Kass is that his ability to escape fights has been reduced somewhat lately by all the new champions that have abilites to stun and crowd control. Kass has not had an update since these other champions have come out and it really effects his ability to exit fights safely. Additionally, Kass has a bit more difficulty holding a lane and farming solo due to the unique requirements in order to use some of his abilities.

The suggested changes below should help solve some of these problems as well as bring Kassadin back in line with other champions in terms of viability as a playable option again.

PASSIVE: Because the nature of Kassadin is to be an in you face melee caster, kassadin needs survivability to be able to be effective. He needs to be able to withstand the plethora of stuns now in the game and survive long enough to make the attack speed boost actually do something. I suggest increasing this passive. Their are several ways to do this. Either increase the percentage OR make it include melee as well, OR make it heavily resistant against minions and towers, OR add some kind of anti-crowd control tenacity type effect to it.

Null Sphere (Q): Consider giving it a splash damage effect. OR You could improve the damage on it and balance that by making the silence work similarly to annie's stun or similar to Kassadin's E ability so that it has to charge up to get the silence.

Nether Blade (W): Get rid of the passive and make this skill all an active skill. The mana regen should only be gained while the ability is activated, but increase the amount gained to compensate. Additionally, it should give him life as well by including a lifesteal while activated. This would help him stay in lane longer.

Force Pulse (E): Great skill but I would love to be able to use it more on minions to help farm and push. I propose eliminating the 6 spell charge up requirement but add 1 to 2 seconds to the cooldown to compenstate. Additionally, it would be awesome if this skill could debuff the opponents that it hits to help Kassadin survive against some of those hard hitting melee destroyers. This could be something like a temporary attack speed or attack damage debuff to those hit.

Riftwalk (R): This skill is pretty good but I would like to see the damage area of effect be much larger so it can damage multiple enemies easier. Also, it should add a slight slow effect to enemy champions that it hits to make it easier to chase.

I think these changes would help make him more viable while not overpowered and we would see a few more kassadin players in game. Thoughts? (constructive posts only please. no trolling!)

youre a gay fish

08-08-2011

kassadin was my main for a long time, i really don't see why you want him buffed, he is fine as he is already one of the best assassins in the game.

idioSyncr4zy

08-08-2011

I don't even know where to start... but no... if you have an issue with C/C on Kass just run with cleanse. Cleanse + Ult = escaping > 90% of ganks... but you should be the one ganking once you hit 6. He really is fine as he is.

Q) He doesn't need more AoE and let's not charge up the silence, because... well... it's his best CC and he already has a charging power. It's damage is fine, no idea why you'd expect it to do more

W) The passive's the best part! And lifesteal will not be enough to keep Kass in lane... this is just not very well thought out, I'm sorry.

E) It's already pretty spammy in team fights... and I'd rather not wait an additional 2 seconds before rifting in to repeat the burst cycle... hell... you have a spammable W, so even solo laned his E is up a decent amount.

R) So... you want to make one of the best chasing abilities even harder to escape? Mmmmm... no thanks... Riftwalk is already very balanced, let's not make Kass OP.

Verdeiwsp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2011

In my opinion, Kassadin is already good enough, He should actually be nerfed because of his escape ability, and massive crowd control and pursue ability. If he gets ganked, he can easily ultimate away from team fights, or into team fights. He has a 3 second silence if I recalled, and a slow ability that can be combo-ed together for massive nuking. Basically, Kassadin can easily dominate 1v1 with any AP caster. The fact that he needs a buff is out of the idea. All I see in mid lane is Kassadin rift walks in, silence, then slows, making it impossible to do enough damage to keep up with him.