Sanguine pool

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fuzzybat

08-08-2011

So, if Vlad's Sanguine Pool pops incoming missiles and makes him untargetable, why shouldn't it break leashes like Nocturne's fear leash or Fiddle's Drain?

Rekitsu

08-08-2011

Cause they work over time, like a dot. If a spell has already landed on vlad during the pool doesn't break the spell, it simply stops whats coming. The link on those skills has already landed, therefor doesn't break. It's why he wasn't OP, and was nerfed without cause many times over. The pool breaks incoming skills, not skills that have already landed and are in affect.

Fuzzybat

08-08-2011

I don't think that'd make him op at all. If a majority of champs had leashes, then that'd make it op. As it stands there's what, maybe 6 champs that have a leash ability, and maybe 2 or 3 that have leash abilities that're worth playing. The way I see it, if they yanked his speed boost when he goes into Sanguine Pool, they should've given it the ability to break all ongoing abilities or attacks. If a leash can still hit and damage him, they why doesn't another vlad's ult or Zilean's bombs damage him if he goes into pool form just before they pop?

Rekitsu

08-08-2011

Thats the thing I was trying to get across, the lease has ALREADY hit, as in your already in affect of the skill. Just like if he's hit with a dot, or exausted he remains that way once he pools. The skill makes him untargetable and breaks incoming skills. Since the leases are mostly instant cast this is how you counter vlad, that or let malz rip him apart with dots. This is what balances the skill, it's a none ult skill that makes you immune to most damage in the game, if it had no counters it would be OP. It's not an ult, and in truth is a fine skill considering vlad is basically a melee caster, his range is too low to safly poke.

The reason he can escape say, karthas ult, or another vlads ult damage is because the skill has yet to take affect. A lease has already hit him and is already doing what is should be doing, so it's not broken. It's not like pool needs a buff either, I've dodge incoming vieg ult, which put his ult on cooldown and I took no damage, and very commonly dodge people like Ashes ult. Your using a normal skill to avoid ults, it's pretty **** powerful and doesn't need a buff. If vlad needs any kind of a buff right now, it's too his damage, and not his survivability.

Balance in all things.