HP/lvl runes or flat HP runes for Shen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Griffin I

05-05-2010

I've really been getting in to Shen recently and wanted to buy some runes for him and was wondering if it's better to get the flat HP runes or HP/lvl runes?

Carados

05-05-2010

Flat HP/Dodge are the good choices.

I Griffin I

05-05-2010

Are the flat amount runes normally better since it affects you right away at the start of the game as opposed to getting per lvl runes that have less of an impact since gear usually takes over mid to late game?

KeVoN xD

05-05-2010

For quint go flats
For seals go hp/level, or dodge, no flat hp its bad, just 45 more hp :S, hp/level past it in level 5.

Sry for my english

SAludos

Carados

05-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Griffin I View Post
Are the flat amount runes normally better since it affects you right away at the start of the game as opposed to getting per lvl runes that have less of an impact since gear usually takes over mid to late game?
Flats are good because they help you during laning, the only period where you should be running around without more HP then anyone else on the map. Late game, your HP pool should be big, so you need more mitigation. Dodge runes are the best mitigation.

Never get HP/Level on anyone.

malphismia

05-05-2010

I don't think HP/level is bad. You get around +100 HP at level 10. That doesn't seem that much, but I've had so many times I escape with 20-30 hp, that every little bit counts. Dodge runes don't get you far unless you have ninja tabi or phantom dancers, or are sivir. Unless you're counting on the 6.8% dodge to kick in during a teamfight, it's kind of a low chance.

Either way - I don't use HP/lvl runes, I use dodge runes instead. :P LOL!

Eppa

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Flats are good because they help you during laning, the only period where you should be running around without more HP then anyone else on the map. Late game, your HP pool should be big, so you need more mitigation. Dodge runes are the best mitigation.

Never get HP/Level on anyone.
Hp level work against casters.

Carados

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
If you're having problems against casters late game the extra 100 HP isn't going to save you. The magic resist items you've been buying are going to save you.

DreamyDays

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
Er.... Did you mean this?

Quote:
Hp level work ON casters.

xailion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-06-2010

I use @18 Yellows, and Flat one for Reds and Blues, Flat Quints.