New Kogmaw is bugged

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nitrex

08-08-2011

Their is a bug i discovered while playing against a kogmaw, i built a thornmail because he was playing a full AD kogmaw, however, every time he auto attacked, his auto attack dealt magic damage instead of physical damage, and because of this, thornmail was completely useless against him, this is a bug that makes other players unable to counter him. Riot should see this immediately.

TealNinje

08-08-2011

Only Kog'Maw's W changes his autoattack to magic damage. It's an autoattack modifier, giving increased range and magical damage. His original AD should, logically, remain physical, however Thornmail is not a good counter to Kog'Maw. Also, death recap is inaccurate.

Nitrex

08-08-2011

I had magic resistance , Armor on a tanky olaf, and i die in a few hit by a kogmaw in a 3 v 3, that is ridiculous, riot needs to do something about it.

EpicMadness

08-08-2011

thats because its a fed kog'maw.

rule of thumb - anything fed becomes OP, even soraka could make her whole team immortal when ultra fed.
lets put it in logical troll sense:
OP = Over Powered
feeding = you're powering up your enemy
hence - fed(past tense of feed) = OP

note: you knew he was doing magic damage so why you no built MR then? heh. heh. heh.

TealNinje

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrex View Post
I had magic resistance , Armor on a tanky olaf, and i die in a few hit by a kogmaw in a 3 v 3, that is ridiculous, riot needs to do something about it.
Erm... Unless you had FoN + Banshee's, Kog was probably still dealing true damage to you. What were his items? Malady, Abyssal Scepter, Sorcerer Shoes, Madred's Bloodrazors? With runes, he can reach ~20 MR penetration, which gives a grand total of 109 MR (including his 25 MR debuff from Q) negation. Olaf's base MR (30) + FoN (78) = 108. Aw shucks.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2011

um his w does damage by percentage it's not melee damage either

ZigZagJoe

08-08-2011

Olaf gains 22.5 magic resist at level 18 like other bruisers (1.25 per level). Still gonna hurt though.

Werny

08-08-2011

It just sounds like you're assuming he went AD because of the damage his auto-attacks were doing.

Traditionally with Kog you get magic penetration, Malady, Wit's End and Madred's. He does magic damage almost exclusively; even if you get a decent amount of magic penetration he will chew through you. Also because his base damage is actually quite tiny, Thornmail would hardly have an effect on him.