Ultimate Distraction Fail Strat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naroz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

Allow me to preface this by saying that in this particular game my team was playing absolutely awful, and yet we won the match... using ultimate distraction.

The team makeup was as follows:

Our team - Rammus, Yi, Shen, Ashe, TF
Enemy - Rammus, Kat, Sion, Zil, Anivia

The beginning of the game we got absolutely raped, they were all level 16+ and none of us were over 13... kills to kills we had about 10 kills and they were around 30

we only had one tower down at this point and they had us pushed all the way to our base mid lane, our top and bottom lane had one turret left and they were destroying us every team fight like we were tissue paper

since we figured the game was lost anyways why not have some fun with it?

so we sent YI deep into top lane to "distract" the enemy team, while Rammus zipped up to a tower, TF and shen tele'd - rammus tanked - and we pushed a tower.

They continued to gank us over and over again, they had two of our inhibs down at one point but we keep playing this strat, ignoring our deaths, every time sending one or two into a lane to "push" while the real push group would backdoor the enemy turret.

At once point their scion Disconnected for a couple of minutes then reconnected, but they were all fed into oblivion so we still didn't expect to win like this... but we did.

End score was our team 25 kills enemy team 65 kills, but we won by backdooring every single one of their towers.

we really shouldn't have won - anyone else done this or fallen victim to strats like this before?

is this even right? I feel like we cheated them out of a win but w/e they should have grouped up and pushed instead of falling for every single distraction we sent out

Whom

05-05-2010

condon put it best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon
I: Thou shalt realize the point of the game.

You don't win by having a positive KDR. You don't win by getting Aces *though it helps.* You don't win by making the fiddle on the other team nerd rage out and feed you a wall of text about how calling him "Feedlestix" marks you as an immature and socially underdeveloped cretin, or alternatively, t3h ghey.

You win by breaking the god **** nexus.
You won fair & square, gj.

Role Taker

05-05-2010

I feel that this would only work in low ELO, I mean a good team will understand whats going on and not send everyone over to the "distraction."

But gj none the less, was smart move to have 2 tele ppl in your group to accomplish it.

Mesa H

05-05-2010

If the other team is that fed and can ace you anytime, but can't finish you off, they're doing something wrong.

But i do think winning is the only thing you should keep in mind. not kills or whatever **** people nowadays think is more important.

It's just getting harder and harder to backdoor and win these days, everyone knows what they're doing.

Nave222

05-05-2010

you won because you use superior battlefield tactics

KDR means nothing when who wins or loses

PineapplePine

05-05-2010

Its a simple tactics really

If I play a DPS champion or at least someone that can push really **** good or can tank decently. If theres a fight at a tower thats like 5 vs 4 or 4 vs 3. I'll go and push a lane and take a tower. If I know a tower is low hp, I would BD. Sometimes if I use a tanky champion like Rammus, I would powerball near it and then use Ulti attack till Ulti is down, and powerball out. And repeat. it works and they usually cant do much. Oh I would also get Teleport if I decide to backdoor. Just in case, I can teleport back to a tower instead of B (teleport is faster)

Crappo

05-05-2010

I always think that people who can't close out a game QUICKLY after getting an advantage like the one you just described deserve it every single time they lose.

IceDive

05-05-2010

it's sion, not scion.

Also, good for you.

PineapplePine

05-05-2010

I often do this if I use something like Garen (tanky but deals good dmg), Rammus (Ulti), or DPS that can kill a tower super fast.

I either quickly push to tower, or just BD.

Usually do it when enemy try to do a 4 ppl push or more. Usually with tower you can defend with 3 or 4 people. Don't need 5. You only need 5 if they were fed or your team composition is bad or you want to kill them instead.

Fluffy1

05-06-2010

so they wanted to gank instead of win, well if they dont want to win then thats not your fault