Tips for countering good Fiddles?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XeroJin84

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

So, how do you counter Fiddles in a group fight? The good ones tend to pop out of nowhere and kill the whole team in a team fight. You try to burst him down when he arrives, but that's not 100% possible when other threats from their team are getting free hits while your whole team switches targets...

If I played trist, I'd probably save my ultimate to knock him back, but I'm not Trist player.

Sheenah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

Recently I had a streak of games VERSUS Fiddlesticks AS Twisted Fate. First I was late to a teamfight and found fiddle by accident, and he was unlucky enough to see me gold card locked and already in a process of charging his ult. I stunned him, and since then, when there were teamfights I just was wandering around in jungle looking for that **** fiddle.

RoflTroll

05-05-2010

Ward the area so you know WHEN he's around.

Clairvoyance

Go around in group ganking other people on his team, hopefully you'll kill off a few of them without taking any damage, that way any team fight from that point will be 5 v 4-.

1 Fiddle 'usually' can't 1 v 5 a team.

Carados

05-05-2010

Against a good Fiddles? Hope you find him before he finishes channeling.

TheOneTrueAustin

05-05-2010

The key is the whole "popping out of nowhere" thing. Make sure he CAN'T pop out of nowhere. You can do this by placing wards around where you suspect there will be a teamfight, having 2 or 3 members quickly check the surrounding bushes when there's about to be a teamfight, etc.

You have to see it coming before it happens. It's not too hard to do. Just ask yourself the following questions:
1.) Do I see the fiddlesticks?
2.) Are we heading for a team fight?
3.) Is our team tighly grouped together?

Crappo

05-06-2010

I am going to play this close to the vest here because I don't want people ruining EVERY fiddle game I play, but one of my greatest face-palm-inducing peeves is when the enemy team has clairvoyance and knows how to use it.

I'll be sitting in the bushes, spamming /d and /l, waiting to set up for my ult, then that dreaded *Pfffssshh* noise of a clairvoyance getting dropped right on me. FFFFFUUUUUU.

peyo

05-06-2010

when he's close, you can see the Dread debuff icon above your skills

Temlam

05-06-2010

have a garen on the team who immediately goes to the center of the ulti you can see a fraction of a second before it starts, and silence the little ***** just as it begins.

IceDive

05-06-2010

Place wards at palces where he usually goes to channel.

As tf, during a teambattle where you don't see him, teleport to the place you really hope he isn't (that's where he is) and goldcard him.

Xyirx

05-06-2010

1.) Use wards. Sight Ward for 90 gold is enough to save your whole team.
2.) Use stun/silence. These should ruin Fiddlesticks who channels in brush.
3.) Use knockback. Gragas, Tristana and Janna does well in countering Fiddlesticks' Crowstorm.
4.) Get Banshee's to avoid being feared in Crowstorm.