Kennen Rune set-up help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fíctíon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

Ok... So I've been playing alot of Kennen lately.. and i really want to make a good rune setup for him.. I play him as AP carry (like you really should) and i had a rune setup in mind..
I was thinking..
9magic pen reds
5energy regen/5 yellows
4energy regen/5 per lvl yellows
9flat cooldown blues
3 HP quints

I thought it would be a good idea to give him good cooldown reduction and energy regen.
I just want to know if it would be worth the time and effort to buy all those runes..
Any help would be appreciated..

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

Your on the right track, but honestly don't bother with the the energy regeneration, I myself have a full set of them which i bought early on and it was a really bad idea, as i slowly started to play kennen less and less, which means they are fairly wasted now (I dont play any other ninjas really), also the difference is marginal.

Just run armor honestly. See this kennen guide: http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-kennen-guide

Kirby4Life

08-07-2011

For my ninjas I go

9x AD Marks
9x AtkSpd Seals
9x AP Glyphs
1x MagPen, 1x AP and 1AtkSpd Quint

Gives you 11 AD, 15 AP, 10% AtkSpd

The ninjas I use are Lee Sin, Akali, and Shen (not so much anymore). But since you want AP carry I think yours should be....

9x MagPen Marks
9x AtkSpd Seals
9x AP Glyphs
1x MagPen, 2x AP Quints

Giving you 10 MagPen, 19AP, and 7%AtkSpd

TtS GreatBlckJew

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr4611 View Post
Ok... So I've been playing alot of Kennen lately.. and i really want to make a good rune setup for him.. I play him as AP carry (like you really should) and i had a rune setup in mind..
I was thinking..
9magic pen reds
5energy regen/5 yellows
4energy regen/5 per lvl yellows
9flat cooldown blues
3 HP quints

I thought it would be a good idea to give him good cooldown reduction and energy regen.
I just want to know if it would be worth the time and effort to buy all those runes..
Any help would be appreciated..
Pretty good, thats actually about right, its what Ego runs and hes at around Chaox in terms of ELO for normal games.

MedicalFrontier

08-08-2011

I've actually got 535 more wins than losses in normal and I think chaox is around 250, but I've a lot more games played than him as well

Normal elo has a cap, anyways at around 2400

but yes, energy regen are good runes. They can be convenient and can mean the difference between using an ability 1 second or not, saving your life or getting a kill at just the right moment. I'd explain more but it seems like you've already read my guide anyways, if you're using the blended yellows

Fíctíon

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego Ignaxio View Post
I've actually got 535 more wins than losses in normal and I think chaox is around 250, but I've a lot more games played than him as well

Normal elo has a cap, anyways at around 2400

but yes, energy regen are good runes. They can be convenient and can mean the difference between using an ability 1 second or not, saving your life or getting a kill at just the right moment. I'd explain more but it seems like you've already read my guide anyways, if you're using the blended yellows

Thanks for the feedback.. I was hoping by getting the energy regen yellows and the CDR blues that it would help me be able to always be using my spells without losing all my energy. But i was wondering if I should be using Flat HP quints or Flat AP Quint? Because i cant have scaling hp yellows if im using energy runes.. and i want the extra health but i also like the extra AP i get form flat AP quints. Any thoughts?

MedicalFrontier

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr4611 View Post
Thanks for the feedback.. I was hoping by getting the energy regen yellows and the CDR blues that it would help me be able to always be using my spells without losing all my energy. But i was wondering if I should be using Flat HP quints or Flat AP Quint? Because i cant have scaling hp yellows if im using energy runes.. and i want the extra health but i also like the extra AP i get form flat AP quints. Any thoughts?
The way I feel about it is that Kennen just doesn't scale well enough for AP runes to really be worth it, since they only help out early game and he's only in 1v1 situations at that point. His AP ratios are low because of all his AoE capabilities, but since you're only vs 1 person the low AP ratios really stand out.. if that makes sense, I've been awake all night

I wouldn't get CDR on him because with my masteries that is too much reduction for energy, it would be a waste because you're more limited by energy than by cooldowns at that point

Fíctíon

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego Ignaxio View Post
The way I feel about it is that Kennen just doesn't scale well enough for AP runes to really be worth it, since they only help out early game and he's only in 1v1 situations at that point. His AP ratios are low because of all his AoE capabilities, but since you're only vs 1 person the low AP ratios really stand out.. if that makes sense, I've been awake all night

I wouldn't get CDR on him because with my masteries that is too much reduction for energy, it would be a waste because you're more limited by energy than by cooldowns at that point

So what runes and masteries do you use on Kennen? Im curious..

Fíctíon

08-08-2011

Ego i actually just went and looked at your profile and see that you use magic resist blue, why is that?