Did the nerfs to Twitch go too far?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrishDoom

05-05-2010

I never played the rat during his OP days, but recently decided I wanted a killer to play alongside my main, Sivir. When Twitch works, he really, really works, but there are times where it's almost like your team is going 4v5 with him. I thought Sivir was squishy, but I had no idea. I thought "one hit kill" was a figure of speech.

CC = Dead Twitch
Oracle = Dead Twitch

Is he just too easy to counter? In the games where I have silly opponents who never buy oracles, he is fine. But with players who know anything, he can be borderline useless.

So what's your opinion of Twitch as he is right now?

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

To SnP a whole team and not tank? When you're twitch, you have to basically have a team full of CC so when you SnP you don't get WTF pwnt.

OLI HC

05-05-2010

tiamat twitch with spray and pray and some damage = ******ed ryze combo = easy ace( if shen manages to taunt all of em) not very probable but still good.

im pretty sure tiamat isnt bug free and would probably multiply on hit effects such as black cleaver and frozen mallet, i mean come on, an overslowed team with no armor is easy to kill and 700 extra hp is good survivability

PhuQPayMe

05-05-2010

Twitch is still good
just not ez mode. You have not seen any good twitches with a team to properly setup.

CTHDRL

05-05-2010

Twitch now requires a team based around keeping him alive; if you're against competent opponents.

Morgana, Shen, Kayle to mention a few.

IrishDoom

05-05-2010

There is also a key point to twitch that I only just realized, DON'T PLAY HIM IN THE SOLO QUEUE. From now on I'm strictly Sivir in the solo queue, where I can at least control ONE lane.

Seirai

05-05-2010

I have a Twitch friend whom I do premade matches with a lot and he finds the complaints ridiculous. You just have to play smart and have a decent team. The no-solo-queue thing is a smart call though; thumping Twitch in the forehead kills him OHKO.

Holypope

05-06-2010

He's not like he was back in the glory days, but he's still potentially useful. He's not the lone ninja assasin like he once was, which kills his solo queue potential, but with even one decent partner, he's still pretty effective.

Also, the comments above made about tiamat bugs were made in total ignorance. They've all been tested long ago. The only debuff/proc/etc that tiamat adds/triggers is gangplanks poison... and even that might have been fixed by now. I haven't checked it in months.

CaptainT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2010

I think Twitch is in an okay position currently.

I would like to see his ult range upped a little bit more, they did nerf the range on it a little too much.

Vortimous

05-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainT View Post
I think Twitch is in an okay position currently.

I would like to see his ult range upped a little bit more, they did nerf the range on it a little too much.

No way... leave him range the way it is... as it was, he could hit a tower and not have to be in range of the tower to hit him, so he could solo a tower with no minions around... no champ should be able to do that... at least have to hit tower and time your attacks with minions dieing like everyone else... that was the main reason for the range nurf.... keep it that way...