Building 2nd rune page. Need help!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tuul

05-05-2010

I have a straight AP scale to level 18 rune book page.

Want to build sometime centered around attack power.

im leaning towards straight scaling to 18 attack damage, because i figure it's versitile and also a fairly cheap (by comparison) build.

lately i've been playing physical attack type of characters. This page would benefit them (and some of their spells) but im not sure if some other attack type of rune page is better, say attack speed, or crit chance, or crit damage. What do you guys think are the benefits of these different way to build an attack damaged focused page.

I've also considered doing a 'cooldown' rune page, because quite frankly, i figure it could really be versatile on every single champion i play.

Your thoughts?

Thanks.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2010

AP and AD scaling runes are very bad, get Armor Pen and Magic Pen instead. Also seals should usually be Dodge or Mana Regen/5 and glyphs can be a lot of things, popular choices are : CDR/Level, Flat CDR, Mana Regen/Level. Quints are mainly flat hp for High ELO play, but I prefer Armor/Magic Pen.

Tuul

05-06-2010

thanks for the input, why is ad and ap so bad compared to magic pen and armor pen?

Naesala

05-06-2010

they're hard to get by items.

A sorry did a quick response (due to the game started so I didn't have enough time to explain)

The reason why magic penetration and armor penetration is better than ap/ad lvl runes (according to some peoples thoughts about it) Most games are pratically over when you're at lvl 9-14 which depends greatly on a quick start. armor/magic penetration are for example hard to obtain stats that're really effective early game and still decent mid game. AD and AP however are easy to obtain stats but the lvl scaling ones aren't that affective because you can easily obtain 150+ap (or 30-40ad) before you reach lvl 18 without the runes.

This is however just my opinions about it.

Tuul

05-06-2010

i see. Thanks for taking the time to respond =D

Im leaning towards a cooldown page, seems that would a versatile build on just about anyone?