Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Player Here: Twitch, Ryze or Master Yi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fwing

05-05-2010

Hey all,

So I just started playing a bit ago and I've read a lot online. I've been using Ashe with a bit of success (something like 5-3 WL, with 2 being games where my team disconnected). Anyway, the only thing I don't like about her is getting ganked (which I'm sure would happen less if my skill improves), and I guess the fact that someone usually picks Ashe on my team too if I don't.

ANYWAY, I really want someone who specializes in killing champions. I have read that Ryze and Twitch are really good for this. However, I played with a Master Yi for a few games last night and he absolutely dominated everyone. Killing people left and right and escaping unscathed. What's more is that he was absolutely wrecking towers by the late game. Since I haven't played or even seen Ryze/Twitch in a game yet, I'm wondering if they have the versatility that Master Yi seems to have.

So, again, I'm mainly looking for a champion-killer, but anything that can also push/is all around good (which Master Yi seems to be) is very welcomed.

Akyio

05-05-2010

Since you are new Ryze is very easy and a champion that does probably the highest burst damage.
Twich is probably the same, when you are higher level people learn how to counter stealth in game so you are not a huge threat anymore, but since you are in lower level you can enjoy being stealthed and killing everybody, i think this gonna work better than ryze now.
And finally master yi is again in lowest elo strong champion, but in higher you will never see him, or if you do he's always feeding. one of the worst champions right now, though next patch he is getting a remake so he might become pretty good one.

And since you are looking for someone that can push, probably it's still twich. With your ulti + stealth you can backdoor(kill towers without creeps), if you have good armor pen and damage. Ryze here is the worst, and Yi probably the best with his crazy attack speed and immune to slows + attack speed, he takes towers very quick.

I'd suggest twich, enjoy killing everyone when they dont expect that, don't forget to take cleanse with twich

McRofls

05-05-2010

There are a LOT of Champions that can do what you describe in one way or another, really the best thing to do is just try out each weekly free champion and see which you like enough to buy. The best thing to realize off the bat in this game though is that teamwork trumps all.

Lynxion

05-05-2010

Quote:
McRofls:
There are a LOT of Champions that can do what you describe in one way or another, really the best thing to do is just try out each weekly free champion and see which you like enough to buy. The best thing to realize off the bat in this game though is that teamwork trumps all.

Jax>Teamwork, that is all. Go Jax, he's actually not garbage high ELO like the other 3 champions you listed.

fwing

05-05-2010

Quote:
Akyio:
Since you are new Ryze is very easy and a champion that does probably the highest burst damage.
Twich is probably the same, when you are higher level people learn how to counter stealth in game so you are not a huge threat anymore, but since you are in lower level you can enjoy being stealthed and killing everybody, i think this gonna work better than ryze now.
And finally master yi is again in lowest elo strong champion, but in higher you will never see him, or if you do he's always feeding. one of the worst champions right now, though next patch he is getting a remake so he might become pretty good one.

And since you are looking for someone that can push, probably it's still twich. With your ulti + stealth you can backdoor(kill towers without creeps), if you have good armor pen and damage. Ryze here is the worst, and Yi probably the best with his crazy attack speed and immune to slows + attack speed, he takes towers very quick.

I'd suggest twich, enjoy killing everyone when they dont expect that, don't forget to take cleanse with twich

cool thanks for the advice. it's crazy how high vs low elo can be so completely different. but i'm just wondering how the heck twitch can kill towers without creeps. i mean, towers do a ****load of dmg 0_0. also, why cleanse?
Quote:
McRofls:

cool, thanks for this. yeah i've definitely been on some teams where they were pinging around the map and talking like crazy and we would win even when behind.
Quote:
Lynxion:
Jax>Teamwork, that is all. Go Jax, he's actually not garbage high ELO like the other 3 champions you listed.

i saw some hype around jax when i was reading too, but may i ask what makes him so big?

Lynxion

05-05-2010

Quote:
fwing:
cool thanks for the advice. it's crazy how high vs low elo can be so completely different. but i'm just wondering how the heck twitch can kill towers without creeps. i mean, towers do a ****load of dmg 0_0. also, why cleanse?

cool, thanks for this. yeah i've definitely been on some teams where they were pinging around the map and talking like crazy and we would win even when behind.

i saw some hype around jax when i was reading too, but may i ask what makes him so big?

1. Spray and Pray has a higher range than Turret's.

2. Cleanse = You don't have to worry about CC as much, which destroys squishy champions like Twitch.

3. Jax gets hp from AP/AD, has an awesome dodge rate, AoE stun when dodges, gets more powerful as he attacks, great chasing tool, huge spike damage, his name begins with a J.

Kavanah

05-05-2010

Quote:
fwing:

Jax is a cool hero. He's my main. Although while everyone may say he is OP, he has been hit pretty hard in my opinion. I loved my AP Jax but they went and nerfed his AP Scaling. So his abilities don't do as much AP dmg as they used to. Then I loved my AD Jax because he used to get 5hp per 1attack dmg. But they nerfed that too as well as his armor. Finally, they nerfed (said fixed a bug just like with Tristana) his leap strike. You used to be able to leap out of stuns/slows, but now unfortunately you can't, you also can be hit with spells in mid air while leaping. This makes for a huge advantage on casters now.

He is still a pretty top tier powerful hero, but lately I seem to be struggling with him vs good team composition. I just need to find some good people to play with I guess and stop solo queing with Jax, just not working well for me right now.

Find a hero you like though, and enjoy!

xDiamantx

05-05-2010

If Ryze does not kill the champion with all his bursts he can be pretty screwed, that is the difference between Yi and Ryze. Ryze's damage output is faster than Yi's but Yi's damage output is more consistent.

HowlingKommando

05-05-2010

Ryze for sure. Not hard to play, and only more experienced players will know how to counter him.

Dracorya

05-05-2010

Yi requires very very cautious play if you ever want to succeed with him in higher Elo. Most have no concept of this and thus why he is so rare in higher play. But oh man, if he snowballs, he snowballs HARD.

Twitch requires a bit of finesse at using him...>_> Like an awareness of when or when NOT to come out of stealth to gank. But he is probably one of the biggest DPS bursters in the game.

Ryze, as someone said earlier, is very easy to use. However Banshee's Veil and a bit of MR screws him over because if he does not kill his intended target with his burst combo, he's totally screwed.