Dominion more skill based?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cejda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-07-2011

From my understanding we will be receiving gold/exp much faster in this game mode meaning everyone will be getting items faster and levels faster. Does this mean more of the game will come down to individual skill in playing their champions since the farming aspect will be gone? No longer will you be able to pull a 5 or more level advantage on someone and win by just sheer champion power.

Or am I completely off on this assumption?

rumples

08-07-2011

i fail to see how laning doesnt take skill, but expect it to be more of a frag fest

CHOCOLATEGOOD

08-07-2011

Farming=skill too

Cejda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumples View Post
i fail to see how laning doesnt take skill, but expect it to be more of a frag fest
For sure there is a skill to laning but some lane combinations are very one-sided. What I really meant to ask was do you think a different kind of skill will emerge in this game mode? Will those who are better at phases other than laning perform better here? Will a different type of player be better at this kind of game or will the same top players remain the top players?

LethalityVoX

08-07-2011

I think a LOT of people are going to have trouble adjusting to not having a tower to hide behind. It shall be glorious.

Cejda

Recruiter

08-09-2011

Indeed it shall

Pig Magus

08-09-2011

By instinct Teemo will run backwards then start autoing.

And he will wonder why tower did not save him like last time,

AND IT WILL BE GLORIOUS!

Twixiee

08-09-2011

psh by the laws of the universe Teemo will -GODLIKE

Fluffdelgato

08-09-2011

i cant wait for it. i see eve and twitch bein used here alot good for random capturing.

thats wat rlly excites me how it wont be all planned it will be more "in the moment" game play

Twixiee

08-09-2011

with no available wards and (seemingly, can't really say yet) improved ways to combat stealth, i don't think eve or twitch are gonna be that viable.. least not til the stealth re-work