New Pantheon Buffs Poll

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FriendlyRaid

08-07-2011

So after watching the LOL Patch Preview I just wanted to share my thoughts on the upcoming Pantheon buffs, and solicit the feedback of other Pantheon players. So first the buffs:

1. Spear Shot will now apply Certain Death, that is, Spear Shot will now critical hit if the targeted enemy champion or minion is below 15% health.

- This seems to be the strongest buff of the three. Any buff is welcome, but with this, basically 85-90% of your Spear Shots will be getting no buff. It will make it easier to last hit minions and kill an enemy champ that is running away, if they are below 15% health, but I really don't feel that this is a great buff. How many of your Spear Shots actually crit during an average game will determine how strong a buff this actually is.

2. Dramatically reduced the cooldown and channeling time on Heart Seeker Strike.

- I'm not a big fan of this buff, basically all they've done is make it easier to spam Heart Seeker Strike. The main problem I see with this, as those who have played Pantheon know, is that he has mana problems especially early to mid game. So making a high mana cost skill spammable just makes you burn your mana faster to get the benefit of this buff, which of course means you'll be out of mana asap.

Also Heart Seeker Strike isn't getting any kind of damage buff, so spamming it is the only way to see an increase in damage. This isn't a very good buff in my opinion, it's not adding any damage or AOE effects like a slow.

3. Dramatically reduce the channeling time on Grand Skyfall.

- I find it hard to give Riot any credit for this "buff". This was just common sense, if you're going to cut Grand Skyfall's range by 70% then the channeling time should see a similar reduction, it's not rocket surgery. The question is, "How short is the new channeling time?". This will make a big difference as to whether this is a good "buff" or not.

Any buff is more than welcome, but overall I'm a little disappointed with these buffs, . What concerns me most is that during the Patch Preview Morello said he wanted to make Pantheon more of a "physical melee caster", WTF does that even mean? So then Pantheon's not a burst assassin, we're working towards physical caster? It makes me wonder if Riot even knows what Pantheon's role is, because it makes it a little difficult to work towards a goal, if you don't know even what your goal is.

Pantheon just got better, but it looks like he'll always be low elo.

FriendlyRaid

08-07-2011

Sorry, no poll. I forgot to click the poll button at the bottom prior to submitting.

You'll have to make your opinion known the old fashioned way, by typing a post.

3mptylord

08-07-2011

They will likely reduce the mana cost of Heartseaker. There intention is for it to be a spamable skill, so if they don't reduce the cost that's just silly. >_<

Also, rocket surgery sounds awesome.

Cloud Potato

08-07-2011

HSS CD down is a huge buff as Pantheon is an AD Caster. I still think he won't do enough damage to really affect a teamfight though, but Spear's buff is awesomesauce. Will be interesting to see how he goes.

Lyriac

08-07-2011

I AM EXCITE!

It'll be interesting to see if he becomes FoTM again, he's one of those champions that's either been amazing faceroll or total ass.
When he's great though, that ****er is never out of a game.

Alphascrub

08-07-2011

Manamune will be on every panth build from here to the moon.

FriendlyRaid

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyriac View Post
I AM EXCITE!
Yeah, I'm excited to play him with the new buffs too, but until I see that these buffs dramatically improve him, I'm going to be a little skeptical. On paper, these buffs sound very mediocre.

KingofSquirrelz

08-07-2011

Are you kidding me those are concidered buffs? After the nerf to the ult they need too give him MORE buffs lower mana costs and increse dammage, what they did to him is not enough

DarkKiwimoto

08-07-2011

Ehh, We need to wait and see, but the buffs seem about right. If you watch the patch preview, the reduction of his ult cast time is very high, HSS mana cost is down with cd, the channel lasts less but does relatively the same amount of damage, his w stun is 1 sec the entire game, and his q can crit as a finisher. They did say his q scaling went down at higher levels though, so its not an all around buff, but it seems like a good one.

FayRuckingLewis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-07-2011

I agree. The HSS buff doesn't make sense. It does no damage so why should I use it more often? The ult change is interesting but the Spear Shot change is downright silly. How on earth can you get people down that far in HP to take advantage of this?