Olaf..reckless swing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

the numbers are alright since it does more damage then most burst spells late game due to higher magic resist but ya i always found it weird that olaf only had 1 skill that scaled with anything maybe they should scale it with 1% of his max hp that way he'd at least be more useful.

BlinksMcgee

08-08-2011

Olaf is a terrible laner and a comparably weak jungler now. His gap closer is a skillshot that is easily dodged and it's gimmick is useless against a skilled opponent. How about you get your axe back if you hit the person it slowed? I shouldnt be chasing my skill I should be chasing my target. A target that if they have any CC before lvl 6 I will not catch. Ghost is required on olaf for every single gank, with a lizard buff.

TimmyPage

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticFlame View Post
I'd say slow is a gap closer.
Personally speaking, so would I, and with the ability to pick your axe up if you angled it properly it creates a perma slow that the enemy can't escape from.

That being said, the community keeps claiming that it's not the same as an 'actual' gap closer but.. well you can't win em all.

I think above all else he's just kind of a weird case in the current meta, though since the resurgence of the tanky dps top lane I wonder how many players have tried him. He could definitely use a few touchups these days though, mostly I think his mana costs are a little too high to be a viable laner, and the meta these days seems to have those bruiser/off jungler characters in top so.. we'll have to see where it goes.

EpicMadness

08-08-2011

the good buff for olaf is that his axe throw becomes a returning axe where as each targets hit reduces its CD by 1second, maximum of until theres only 2seconds left.

obviously his W is too weak(really? 1%? even atmas gives 2%) if they could just rescale it to 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3% then it would be viable.

olaf's ult needs a fix, turn it into a cleanse like skill where it can be casted during being CCed and will negate the CC and the incoming CCs as well.

xDymize

08-08-2011

idk about this..reckless swing has been working in a terrific way for me..it's a great finisher and can really cut down champs with armor if you get some ability cooldown going on.

USMCTempest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2011

Olaf's a melee dps carry, what melee dps carry IS in a good place right now?

Tenronth

08-08-2011

LOLOLOLOLOLO Olaf isnt a carry, hes one of the first tanky dps.

wilzo

08-08-2011

Olaf needs definitely something!

I loved to play him as a jungler....and he was absolutely fun as he was the first tanky dps!
He never was a great ganker besides some nasus is slowing some enemy champ for example and you can land his axe, too.

His axe is also a bit buggy: For example you aim an enemy champ with it and click, there is something like a small delay and so it can happen that your axe while you point with your cursor to cut enemys running lane lands somewhere.

My ideas to make him fun again:
- may be remove mana and replace it with fury
- his axe have to get a higher speed and may be a buffed slow
- ult is ok and i think it should get some movementspeed buff and give him his old duration
- reckless swing probably 2 sec higher cd and remove the "dmg to himself"-thing. (pretty hard to balance skill imo)

USMCTempest

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenronth View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLO Olaf isnt a carry, hes one of the first tanky dps.
Most tanky dps champions don't rely on straight auto attacks to do their damage like Olaf does, he can build tanky dps but he ends up being a squishy chunk of health with little resists to back him up, and bad damage due to his awful scaling. Any champion built around specifically using their auto attacks, Is a carry. Lee Sin is a good tanky dps. Why? His abilities have high base damage and high damage scaling, so he doesn't need to buy attack speed or crit, just flat damage. So he can buy say one or two dps items, then go full tank. If Olaf builds Mallet atmas and then goes full tank, his damage is hilariously bad, because his scaling on attack damage for his abilities is extremely low, and his auto attacks will suck without more crit/attack speed.
TL;DR
Tanky DPS characters are characters with high base damage on all of their abilities or abilities that scale well with just one damage item and can be effective building tank from there.
Carries are champions that rely on their auto attacks to do the bulk of their damage.