Olaf..reckless swing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ABadPickUpLine

08-07-2011

Reckless swing seems to be a worthless ability later in the game. Yes, the true damage is nice, but in comparison to cho ult or vayne's true damage it is weak. It should scale with damage and take out a percentage of that damage in his health. Something like 150% of his base damage in true damage and 40% of that damage to himself (just a suggestion I didn't do exact numbers). That would make it so when olaf has 200 base damage it would be equivalent to the skill now, but it could progress to be more useful further into the game when he has say 300 base attack damage (450 true dmg to enemy and 120 dmg to himself). As I said, I didn't work the numbers exactly, but Olafs reckless swings needs to progress some through out the game.

Telc

08-07-2011

Olaf isn't in a good place in general right now. He used to be amazing but now i just don't know

TimmyPage

08-07-2011

Except that Cho's ult does 600 True damage every 40-something seconds (with an average CDR build), and Olafs does that every 4 - 6 seconds (Cant remember which, been a while since I've played him, it was short though I remember).

Plus true damage is always incredible, because it works better comparatively the more armour the enemy has. You can have an enemy with 300 armour, all your attacks are doing 60 damage to it, but your Reckless Strikes will cut right though.

I dunno, I think Olaf's numbers are fine for the most part (except his W being a 1 point wonder till late game), his issue is actually in his kit itself, a complete lack of gap closers.

l Artemis l

08-07-2011

yea and olaf takes damage when he does reckless swing every few seconds, does cho?

Belayaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABadPickUpLine View Post
Reckless swing seems to be a worthless ability later in the game. Yes, the true damage is nice, but in comparison to cho ult or vayne's true damage it is weak. It should scale with damage and take out a percentage of that damage in his health. Something like 150% of his base damage in true damage and 40% of that damage to himself (just a suggestion I didn't do exact numbers). That would make it so when olaf has 200 base damage it would be equivalent to the skill now, but it could progress to be more useful further into the game when he has say 300 base attack damage (450 true dmg to enemy and 120 dmg to himself). As I said, I didn't work the numbers exactly, but Olafs reckless swings needs to progress some through out the game.
umm if you make it do more damage you end up having players who max it right away youi know at level 9 and chase down anyone and everyone. eating huge amounts of health, at a low amount to themselves. If Olaf was able to do more, even at a longer amount of time he would be overly OP. I personally feel he is right where he should be.
As he scales off of Ad and HP where other tanky dps have to scale of of both ap and ad. "jax, and Irelia" are two good exapmles.

Let the down votes come.

Claricorp

08-07-2011

Its on an incredibly short cooldown as well and offers great utility against enemies with high armor or damage reduction(like alistar or when fighting under maokai ulti)

Carnack

08-07-2011

Cho's TD is in his ult and is restricted by Cooldowns.

Vayne is a squishy.

Olaf can be built tanky and has a spammable TD skill that (with a decent amount of HP) can be used to chop any enemy into itty bitty pieces.

TraphikJam

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball Ace View Post
yea and olaf takes damage when he does reckless swing every few seconds, does cho?
Yeah, he takes damage, but noting noticeable, and he can gain it back from his W.

GalacticFlame

08-07-2011

Early game, I'm pretty sure that's the move that gets him fed. Playing as Cho it takes me easily to in between 1/4 and 2/4 of my health. Perhaps it falls off late game, but I've never played Olaf, but from my perspective, getting you fed early is great compensation for being a supposedly "worthless" skill later on.

GalacticFlame

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyPage View Post
Except that Cho's ult does 600 True damage every 40-something seconds (with an average CDR build), and Olafs does that every 4 - 6 seconds (Cant remember which, been a while since I've played him, it was short though I remember).

Plus true damage is always incredible, because it works better comparatively the more armour the enemy has. You can have an enemy with 300 armour, all your attacks are doing 60 damage to it, but your Reckless Strikes will cut right though.

I dunno, I think Olaf's numbers are fine for the most part (except his W being a 1 point wonder till late game), his issue is actually in his kit itself, a complete lack of gap closers.
I'd say slow is a gap closer.